Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Yaris Glove Box Won't Open Fully

FlukemanStu

Hi,

My Yaris has got a strange glove box issue. It opens a little bit, but doesn't open fully. There is thankfully nothing inside anymore. It is as though the piston looking thing on the left side will not pull out fully.

Anyone else had this problem? I can't see anything stuck in there.

Thanks,

If it is the piston a little bit of sideways force on it will enable you to unclip it. However, it's possible that the problem is your handbook wallet, Is it stored in the pocket above the box, mine often catches the box lip?

Glove box looks empty. Which piston end can be forced off? I'm assuming the front (closest to the chair).

Yes, put your fingers else a suitable tool between the bottom of the piston and box and then prise/push away towards the left, it doesn't need much pressure and it will unclip/disconnect from the glove box.

Having just played on ours I'm still convinced your problem will be something catching the top lip of the box.........

Thanks, I'll give it a try this weekend.

Had a look at the weekend. Unclipped the piston... still no joy, took the foot well cover off and had a look behind the glove box, couldn't see anything blocking anything, so back to the garage it goes.

Let us know what it turns out be in the end.

We bought a Yaris Hybrid in Feb 2014 and from parking sensors were fitted at the dealer. After a short while we had a problem opening the glove box fully, took car back and was told that problem had been parking Sensor box becoming detached and fouling box opening.

Fixed whilst I waited.

Could be... I have parking sensors.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, it was the front parking sensors box blocking the glove box.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links