Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007-2010 Spoiler Removal Help!

actechy14

Hi Chaps,

I've just managed to source a second hand TRD spoiler for my T180 for £90, and will fit after its painted. However I cant find how to remove the original spoiler anywhere on the internet. I can only see one flathead screw in the small opening just above the rear strip brake light, so I assume it is clipped on elsewhere.

Does anyone know the best way to remove the original? Any help would be great.

Many thanks in advance!

Jordan

I took the rear spoiler off my '09 Auris SR a few years ago because it was poorly fitted from the factory and was fouling the paintwork on the roof; matter of fact I ran without it for a few days. I can't remember exactly how but I'm pretty sure there were four fasteners that held it down (whether Phillips head screws or small bolts?) but it seemed self evident on my car which panel(s) to remove for access to them.

I'll take a look and see whether I took any photos at the time and post if I have.

There are clips so you will have to pull it I guess. I only know this because I've got the original one lying in the garage.

Thanks guy, brilliant help as always!!

Is yours a Sr spoiler speed chaser?

The one I have just bought is the Toyota motorsport spoiler, usually on the SR. Not sure if this is the speed chaser spoiler one.

Sorry actechy I was asking speed-chaser the toc member here was his an Sr spoiler

Yeah Frank the normal SR one. Made by Toyota Motorsport :)

Would she be for sale if it's still in your garage?

It's still installed on my car and I'm not planning to take it off :D I mentioned the original one, but I meant the small one which is there just to cover that space from factory. It is now off as otherwise it's impossible to install the "big" spoiler.

Ah well worth a try 😔

Maybe someone else currently selling his car can help... Best of luck!