Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Camera

Bitch1001

Yorkshireman,

Found the myth-busting article, and it seems to be an official Toyota blog!

What I've done, is to post a comment, explaining to others how mis-leading the article is. It definitely implies Aygo and Yaris use the same reversing camera, and shows the Yaris version (with coloured lines) with the implication that this is also what you get with the Aygo, so suggest we all add a similar comment, and then hopefully Toyota may take notice. (But don't hold your breathe)

Mike

i would do a print screen and then go to trading standards as it is misleading to show the guidelines on the advert when the car clearly doesn't come equiped with this technology.

toyota have said you should of asked how far do you take this attitude ???,if this is the case before you fill up with petrol should you go to the till to ask if unleaded comes out of the the green pump ,or should you be able to assume that unleaded is what you will get.

Eygo,

Sadly they don't actually say that the Aygo has lines, it just implies they do. I.e. They just keep to the right side of the law.

I think the only way to get results is to bombard Toyota with comments on the aforementioned blog.

Mike

• Like 1

What do you hope to achieve? Personally I think rear parking sensors are far more effective.

i have both camera and sensors and combined they are great ,would recommend having both to anyone.

Martin,

They chose to go with a reversing camera rather than parking sensors. All I want is a camera that is useful. I'm not asking them to install something extra like sensors ( as good as they are), just to install a camera that works.

• Like 1

What is wrong with the camera? I think it needs the lines showing what your reversing in to otherwise the quality is good on mine.

I then visited Toyota Facebook page on the 13/08/2015 to find a article called Reversing Cameras Myth Busting if you can find it its worth reading it states you can have a snazzy reversing camera even on the Aygo and a picture above it with guess what? guidelines on after a few little digs on Facebook the last reply was as follows

Yorkshireman,

Found the myth-busting article, and it seems to be an official Toyota blog!

What I've done, is to post a comment, explaining to others how mis-leading the article is. It definitely implies Aygo and Yaris use the same reversing camera, and shows the Yaris version (with coloured lines) with the implication that this is also what you get with the Aygo, so suggest we all add a similar comment, and then hopefully Toyota may take notice. (But don't hold your breathe)

Mike

The Toyota UK Blog, as with the Toyota GB website has a legal notice which sets out the terms and conditions of use. The following section of the legal notice applies to advertising, etc:

"Availability and pricing of advertised products and services

All products and services advertised on this website may be withdrawn or altered at any time without notice. Images shown may not be to UK specification. Please check with your official Toyota dealer the availability and specification of Toyota products and services before placing any order for them.

All prices shown on this website are recommended retail prices. Prices relating to finance packages are provided for indicative purposes only and are subject to status and terms and conditions. This means that they may differ from the actual price quoted by an official Toyota dealer for a particular product or service."

I have just called my local Toyota dealer to ask if I could buy new camera or monitor for my Aygo only to be told its a software issue and cannot be upgraded the mechanic could not explain why Toyota had decided to install a cheap inferior camera to the Aygo but I still think Toyota should advertise the difference in cameras as you cannot find a image of the monitor without the lines anywhere even in the Aygo brochure. Please make you feelings known on the Toyota Facebook page and thanks to everyone who e-mailed me regarding this issue I am pleased it was just not me.

My brochure I got sent to me didn't have lines on the camera. I think lines would make it a lot more useful but the quality on mine seems fine. I still think a little car like that it's easier just to look behind. The Aygo is built to a price, you only have to look at the parcel shelf to realise that. I think build quality is far more important and the Aygo seems to have that covered which is good.

parking sensors are good but they dont pick up everything behind you this is where having a camera as well covers all bases.

having the lines will help guide you into parking bays centrally ,you also know when to stop leaving yourself enough space to

get around the back for loading / unloading purposes,it is just toyota being as tight a s a ducks a%$£

From martin 1973

My brochure I got sent to me didn't have lines on the camera. I think lines
would make it a lot more useful but the quality on mine seems fine. I still
think a little car like that it's easier just to look behind. The Aygo is built
to a price, you only have to look at the parcel shelf to realise that. I think
build quality is far more important and the Aygo seems to have that covered
which is good.

Hi Martin

Thanks for you e-mail regarding the Aygo reversing camera I'm not sure were you got the brochure from but if you download the most recent issue it shows a box in brown paper with a face drawn on it, page 12. I agree with most of what you say until it comes to you saying the Aygo is built to a price the Aygo C1 and the 108 are all built in the same factory in Kolin Czech Republic the C1 and the 108 both have guide lines on the camera but the more expensive Aygo has not.

You asked what am I trying to achieve the answer is I would like Toyota to explain to us (Aygo owners) why they decided to put inferior software in the new Aygo and charge us more for the privilege I cannot speak for the 108 but the C1 has just as good on build quality.

Its funny how we are having no feedback to our questions from Toyota they seem to be keeping a low profile on this subject

An extract from Toyota UK Facebook Guidelines:

The Toyota UK Facebook team is happy to answer queries about Toyota, and we're available from 7am until 10pm during weekdays. We check in perdiodically on weekends.

We can respond to specific customer issues, but please take care not to reveal any personal information such as your phone number, other contact details or your car's registration number or VIN on our timeline. If you want us to investigate a specific issue and pass on personal information to us, just hit the 'Message' button at the top of the page.

If you have a concern or complaint that you would like to raise with Toyota UK's customer relations team, please visit: http://www.blog.toyota.co.uk/how-to-contact-toyota-uk

An extract from Toyota UK Facebook Guidelines:

The Toyota UK Facebook team is happy to answer queries about Toyota, and we're available from 7am until 10pm during weekdays. We check in perdiodically on weekends.

We can respond to specific customer issues, but please take care not to reveal any personal information such as your phone number, other contact details or your car's registration number or VIN on our timeline. If you want us to investigate a specific issue and pass on personal information to us, just hit the 'Message' button at the top of the page.

If you have a concern or complaint that you would like to raise with Toyota UK's customer relations team, please visit: http://www.blog.toyota.co.uk/how-to-contact-toyota-uk

tried this no reply

Here is my latest correspondence with Toyota customer service.

Hi John. We would like to summarise our position below:

1. The Aygo is an entry-level car, and therefore does not come with the same level of specification as models higher up the range.

2. The blog post you have referred to makes it explicitly clear the Aygo and Yaris have different camera systems.

3. Although based on the same platform, the Aygo and C1 have different specifications – for example, the Aygo offers built-in satellite navigation, whereas the C1 does not. These are just specification choices manufacturers make.

We understand you do not like the Aygo, and that's fine. However as a manufacturer we are entitled to specify our cars how we see fit. Your feedback regarding guidelines has been passed on to our product team, and we thank you for that feedback, but we are satisfied that we have answered your question to the best of our ability.

Best wishes,

Michael
ToyotaGB Community Manager
2 hours ago

Good morning you are wrong in the assumption that I do not like the Toyota Aygo It a great little car I had great service from the dealership the only problem I had is when I contacted c/service they are arrogant and very unhelpful its always Toyota knows best you say it makes it clear there are two different systems me and lots of owners who e-mailed me say it is misleading also you said it shows the camera without lines on page 12 of the Aygo brochure this is not true then again you say its a entry level car I thought the Aygo x was the entry level car at £7995 I paid £3500 more for my x-cite for the extras judging from the e-mails I have revived its not just me that is dissatisfied with this camera and the way Toyota has penny-pinched over this camera I would just love to no the price difference between the two systems.

We apologise for the assumption made in reference to your feelings towards the Aygo.

We have checked page 12 of the brochure and there is no suggestion that the Aygo rear-view camera comes with guidelines. We quote:

"Reversing camera display. Parking the Aygo is made even easier with Aygo's reversing camera. It automatically takes over the x-touch screen when you select reverse gear, providing a clear view of the area behind you."

It all comes down to manufacturer choice, as referenced in point three of our earlier reply.

We invite the people who have been in contact with you to send us their feedback. We always pass this information on, and often it influences the designs of future models.

This is our final position on this matter.

Best wishes,

Michael
ToyotaGB Community Manager

​So as you can see they are as adamant as ever that there is no confutation regarding the Aygo camera you buy a Toyota cheap car you get inferior products that what they are saying no mention of the £3500 we pay to get the upgraded model these guys are wasted in c/relations they should have been politicians never answer the questions asked but make you think they have.

So you have his reply if you own a cheap Aygo please send a e-mail to Toyota customer outlining you dissatisfaction also visit there Facebook page and add a message.

Thanks

• 4 years later...

An old post,  but this crazes me also. 

I note newer aygos now have the Grid line, is this installed on camera and if I put a new camera in will it have the grid lines in?

then how much ?

When I took delivery of my Aygo X-play (2016), the grid lines were in place.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2019 at 9:20 PM, Packard said:

An old post,  but this crazes me also. 

I note newer aygos now have the Grid line, is this installed on camera and if I put a new camera in will it have the grid lines in?

then how much ?

Yes its part of the camera, a new one with lines is part number 86790-0H011 £389.80+vat New

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Yes its part of the camera, a new one with lines is part number 86790-0H011 £389.80+vat New

So can I add this to my xcite 2 ?? 

Would this need the dealer to fit ??

My x-play 2019 has guidelines- came standard on the camera. My 'cheap Aygo' bugbear is the state of the inner wheel arches, they're shocking but I suppose we get what we pay for......pffft!!

• 9 months later...

Can Anyone help re removal of camera and refitting tracking them down is a lot easier second hand thanks 

• 1 year later...

Any9ne help on how to access the rear camera to remove and replace with one with lines (now sun £60 on eBay) 

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The guidelines are done by the radio (DA) as an overlay

Mk2 Aygo rear bumper removal.pdf 374.7 kB · 8 downloads

Thank you - pity no quick way to do it albeit I suppose it reduces theft of them if they have to be removed that way

• 10 months later...
On 3/4/2022 at 6:43 PM, flash22 said:

The guidelines are done by the radio (DA) as an overlay

Mk2 Aygo rear bumper removal.pdf 374.7 kB · 31 downloads

So it is software related to get the guidelines? Or the camera itself? 

I have a 2015 aygo now with a 3 button radio and the newest software but still no guidelines. 

Do I need to buy a new camera with part number 86790-0H011 ?