Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T29 Avensis

vecoie

Hi,

I recently upgraded from a 2005 Avensis D4D to a 2009 t29 Avensis D4D. I have 2 issues I was wondering I anyone could help with.

1) when driving there is a humming noise comes from the back seat area behind the driver. Sounds a bit like a motor. Can anyone tell me what this noise is?

2) the drivers seat is uncomfortable compared to the 2005 mode. Feels like there is something sitting up in the middle of the seat. I have checked under the seat and seems everything is meant to be there. Anyone experienced this issue and any fixes apart from a pillow?

Thanks in advance for any replys

can't help with your issues but it's generally called a T27 Avensis (actually Toyota list it as a T270), it's not a T29.

1) couldn't be tyre noise or perhaps something rubbing on wheel/tyre/brake disc?

Is the new shape mark 3 Avensis not t29. I thought my 2005 mark 2 was a t27.

No nothing rubbing on the back wheel. Def an electronic noise

1/ EPB motor/motors faulty or fuel pump? not sure about seat,more investigation required. How many previous owners & miles?

Re T29? mine is an 09' and it's a T27.

If the fuel pump was faulty or the epb would it not show a fault indicator?

Cars driving 100 % apart from this noise every now and then. Parking brake holds ok on hills etc.

Sorry its a 2009 new shape Avensis. One previous owner. 58000 miles.

I take it the epb would involve alot of money

Is the new shape mark 3 Avensis not t29. I thought my 2005 mark 2 was a t27.

No nothing rubbing on the back wheel. Def an electronic noise

your 2005 was a T25.

An EPB actuator is a £1k fix in the UK but afaik they fail to work & you get a message on the dash rather than making noises.

That's what I thought.

Well at that sort of money fingers crossed its not the epb.......

Thanks for the reply

If it's all running well thats good so hope you find the problem n' it's only a lttle one! ;) keep us posted.

Perhaps this wining sound sometimes happens and it matches low fuel amount in tank or uphill / downhill? Because right below back seat there is fuel tank with fuel supply motor in it, the sound you described is just like fuel supply motor doesn't reach fuel and then fizing sound appears.

Its actually been happening more with a nearly full tank.

I'll have to just keep driving until something does happen.

Thanks for all your replys

Does it have electric seats ! maybe a motor in the seat somewhere, or motor in the window unit, ??

Could be fuel pump/fuel sender unit.have you sat in the back while someone drives the car to pin point where it is.also could be rear hub/bearings making a whinging sound?

The noise is no longer there. Have been talking in another link with regards fuel capacity. My car reads empty no bars but only takes 34 litres to fill to the brim.

Could this possibly be a fuel sender fault?