Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Non Starter - Relay Chatter

chadster

Up to this evening, never had a problem with my 07 To D4d Avensis but now it will not start. When you open the Dr's door, the display screen showing door open flickers, put key into ignition and ignition on and all I can hear is a relay chattering - I suspect the Battery but can't check until morning. Anyone had this problem and know the solution?

Could be either Battery or starter motor.

If the flashing & noise is occurring before the is in the ignition then Battery is dead or in need of a charge.

Gunfire rattle = knackered Battery. Jump start it and take it for a new one. Get them to check that the alternator is also putting out 12.5 - 14.5 volts charging as I had an alternator fail last November that killed my Battery as a side effect. Mine presented as dash lights flickering with engine running and rev counter all over the place. Local mechanic said he'd changed 4 Toyota alternators that month.

• 2 weeks later...

Up to this evening, never had a problem with my 07 To D4d Avensis but now it will not start. When you open the Dr's door, the display screen showing door open flickers, put key into ignition and ignition on and all I can hear is a relay chattering - I suspect the battery but can't check until morning. Anyone had this problem and know the solution?

This is probably a Battery.. however don't rule out bad connections or a stick stater solenoid

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links