Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just The One Concern

schojac

Having now driven my 2014 Aygo for some weeks and 2K miles am really pleased with the car overall. Consumption, comfort, motorway driving, noise etc no problems. However, the biting point on the clutch is really high and depressing the clutch 1 cm (or what feels like 1cm) causes the clutch to start disengaging. Adjusting using the adjustment screw on the cable only changes the pedal position and not the biting point.

Am I the only one who has a concern regarding this?

Is there any way of adjusting the position of the biting point?

By the way; been driving for over 40 years and never had a clutch fitted (127K miles in my focus)

The aygo has a cable operated clutch and it sounds to me like the cable need to be adjusted to get the biting point right again.

The bite point on Aygo is quite high, there are two points of adjustment:

1: Pedal height, adjusted by a bolt at the top of the pedal. On a RHD the pedal should be 161-171mm from the middle of the pedal pad to the floor.

2. Cable free play, adjusted on the cable on the box. On a RHD there should be between 13-23mm of free play on the pedal when pressed before the cables resistance begins.

Hi,

many thanks for advice; will either try myself or visit local distributor and ask them to sort for me.

Will update asap

jack

Because the Aygo clutch is so light, if it is incorrectly adjusted,

it is difficult to discern where the free play ends and where you actually start to actuate the clutch.

Adjust it "looser" AT THE GEARBOX END and suddenly, the free play at the pedal end becomes obvious.
You can then press the pedal down with the tip of your little finger.

If your clutch doesn't have any free play you can feel with just the lightest

press, it is wrongly adjusted and actually has NO free play.

ie, it is already partly "pressed".

If it disengages after 1cm, you have NO free play.

Introduce some slack, trust me, when you have genuine free play, it becomes obvious.
Then adjust your new free play to 18mm.

Ian.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links