Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Gt Ep82 Engine Light Stays On

starwand

:!Removed!:(EP82 1989) GT starlet

Hey i can't seem to get the engine light off . when i start the car in the morning to warm up the light is off . but soon as it heats up the engine light comes on and doesn't go off. can anyone offer any suggestion???? and another thing. the car hard starts alot. how can i fix that ????

put a paperclip in the terminal E1 and TE1(located in the diagnosis plug under the hood in the engine bay) while the car is off. then turn the key to the on position(last postion of the key before the engine starts). then look at the check engine light and count how many tuimes it blinks. that will be your code.

example: it blinks 4 times, then pauses, then blinks 3 times.....this is a code 43.

So now get your hands on a 4efte or 5efhe/5efe manual(all depends on what engine you have) and find out what problems will cause a code 43.

:blink:

Hey thank for the Help. i tried what you told me and these were the blinks i got.

5 (blinks) pause 1 - 5 (blinks) pause 2.

Things is i don't have a manual to see the code. Does anyone know where i can download Toyota Starlet GT EP82 (1989) trouble Codes.???? or offer any advise as to what this code means?

Don't know if this is the same for your car, but according to the 5E-FHE list......

51.........Switch Signal...........A/C Switch on, Idle Switch off or TPS Shift position in D during diagnostic check

52.........Knock Sensor.........Engine speed between 1200 and 6000 RPM, but no KS Signal input to ECM.

IF it's the same, then 51 can probably be ignored.

I'll stress it again.........IF.

Anyone out there with a Starlet who can confirm this?

Rich

• 17 years later...

Hi guys. I swapped a Corolla E11 4efe with a Starlet Glanza AT 4efte. The two issues are the RPM jumping and the check engine light on. I ran diagnostics and it gave me 22 and 42. The Corolla is a 2998 electronic ignition. The Starlet is a 1997 coil ignition. Can you help?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links