Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quiet Eco Tyres... Any Recommendations

unclepoo

I`m looking for new tyres for my Auris hybrid t-spirit in the near future, and I`m wanting eco for obvious reasons and the quietest tyre as the hybrid/ice is so quiet, I want the rest of the car to be the same. The price will be a big factor too as I`m a yorkshire man and tight. Standard size is 215 45 17...but I`m sure I`ve seen somewhere that 225 45 17 can be fitted or is even recommended if not fitting michelin.

I`m looking at these as they`re local to me and reviews say they`re quiet too (fitted) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-new-225-45-17-Infinity-ecomax-free-fitting-2254517-225-45-17-/221737545115?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Tyre+Width%3A225%7CAspect+Ratio%3A45%7CDiameter%3A17&hash=item33a0966d9b

If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

Best bet is to check tyre reviews online. £210 seemed a bit cheap to me for them to be decent tyres, considering Michelins are about £500 a set, but checking the EU label, the Infinity Ecomax are E rated for economy, C for wet grip and 72dB noise, average, but good value.

These are the same ratings as the Toyo Proxes R35 OEM fitted tyres on my Prius Plus, except the noise - 67dB on mine, but they are around £400 a set.

On the first generation Auris Hybrid the OE tyres were either Michelin Energy Saver GPNX (195/65/R15 91H) for 15 inch wheels, or Michelin Primacy HP RP GPNX (215/45/R17 87W) for 17 inch wheels.

Be aware that the noise ratings within the EU tyre labelling tests are judged from outside the vehicle, so aren't strictly comparable to the amount of noise heard from inside the vehicle.

Given it's a logarithmic measurement, 72db is approx. three times louder than 67db, surprisingly!

Yes.

Falken Ziex 914 Ecoruns.

Cheaper than your Infinity. Same Fuel efficiency (E) but better Wet grip 'B' and Quieter at 70db. Your size .... Blackcircles are quoting 44.98 fully fitted with double Tesco clubcard points.

I run a pair of them on my Yaris HSD and am happy with them. I bought Falken 912's on my previous car and they were just as good.

My 2p

Cheers,

Take a look at the Goodyear Efficient Grip ones.

B rating for efficiency, A rating for wet grip and a noise level of 68Db.

I have them on my Prius. 2 of them cost me about £160 including fitting and being filled with nitrogen at Kwik-Fit.

• Like 1

I`ve been looking at the db ratings, but I`ve also seen that not all low db rated tyres translate to low noise in the car, the tread design directs noise into the wheel arch....or thats the theory.