Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

White Smoke

james.s

I have noticed that on start up my 2005 avensis 2.0 d4d is smoking a bit The smoke seems to be white and more than usual. It's not just on cold mornings which I expect to see smoke. The car has 105,000 miles on it. The smoke only last a few seconds and none while driving

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Glow plugs only done a few months ago. Was thinking of getting that terraclean done. Would that clean the injectors. Has any one had it done before and is it worth it

• 2 weeks later...

post-145795-143161181211_thumb.jpgpost-145795-143161182586_thumb.jpg

The smoke on start up

How long is it smoking for? Is the mornings cold on start up?any coolant loss?

Only started this last month. Doesn't make any difference with temp not sure about coolant loss have to keep an eye on it over the next few days but I don't think it's steam. It smells like fuel

Probably just condensation/water in the exhaust.both my petrol auris and diesel avensis does this before it has warmed up..just check your coolant and your oil filler cap for creamy like oil.

• 5 weeks later...

So far I haven't found any solution. I have tried different products through the systems none have worked. The car still gives smoke but not every time. The car has started to loose power since then. I have cleaned the inlet manifold and egr valve. New fuel and air filter. Replaced the air flow meter. Checked the fuses in the engine bay and seen the 80 amp fuse was blown replaced it but still no changed. I've been told about the scv valves on these cause problems but not sure if this would cause the white smoke and power lose

• 3 weeks later...

White smoke is water, black smoke is carbon crap, blue smoke is oil. I wouldn't worry probs just some excess water from temp change, like condensation

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links