Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr180 Front Mount Intercooler

Marec Kopec

How did you attach the new pipes? Just use the pipes as an extension?

Doing this! Aids fancy getting out heads together 1 afternoon? I need a new front bumper anyway.....

Aggo you having a moment there or something lol .... I have been contemplating doing it I'm just wondering if I can drop the a/c rad back and then put the intercooler in where the a/c was

I don't like cutting bumpers

Yeah sounds fun. Not sure when I'll next have a weekend off though haha. I'm going to purchase a catch can first as well to filter out any vapour. Only problem for me is getting the bumper off as my drls are mounted on my crash bar and p38ed to the bumper.

I would love to help you boys but I'm away till a fortnight

I doubt I'll be doing anything for the next two weeks anyway. Gotta order parts and make sure that they are correct.

Hi guys,

Aidsy, yes I just used the pipes to reach to the new intercooler. Smudge, the standard intercooler has some weird attachment on to go to the pipework ill try dig them out to see if you could just pull the standard intercooler forward, you would need to extend the pipework somehow make sure you order pipes with a lip on the end otherwise under boost they will slip off.

Were did you get the silicone bends from? I dont want to buy the wrong ones from eBay, and the straight pipe

Edit
Plus what size is the standard hose?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221370641681&alt=web these are the pipes I bought, standard pipes are 2 inch the silicone bends came with the intercooler I bought but all you need is 2x 90 degree from 2 inch to whatever size the output on your intercooler is I think mine are 2.5 inch but most the pipes are in mm I will check the car today and see what size in mm the intercooler outlet is it will be around 65-51mm if you type in 90 degree silicone hose reducer on eBay they pop up. If you want them quickly I wouldn't order from auto silicone hoses (eBay seller) as it took weeks for a hose for my impreza to arrive and their customer service is shocking

So just a quick one, I know you saif you felt gains, was there any loss of boost pressure due to the hoses being extended also I'm worried about turbo lag due to the same fact.

Surely the extended hoses outway the extra cooling you may gain?

It looks ace! I would do this mostly for the look but don't want to be any slower haha!

Still waiting to do my boost controller but still unsure of the location of where this needs to be installed.

Definitely having a moment Aggo :P

It seems to change the way the boost comes in, it feels stronger the extension of the pipe is bringing the pipes probably about 15 cm closer to the front bumper. I think to get power out of it the map would have to be changed. Off subject a bit I dont know wether it was a recall but my car has a sticker on it saying it was remapped by toyota- its in the passenger side door shut. Does anyone else have this?

• 2 years later...

Just in process of fitting a front mount, there is a vacaum pipe attached to the oem intercooler on gearbox side, what should i do with that???

• 4 months later...

I did alot of testing on this when developing the mapping the stock cooler is a pretty damn good unit. Comparable to some of the good aftermarket company products available. So I wouldn't bother personally. 

Depends on how the car is when coming in we've seen some of these on the dyno only making mid 160s and some making the 177 they come with. All pull fantastic just seems quite a flex on power but none should have any issue breaching the 200bhp area. But it's the torque in these that's the monster 

• 5 years later...

Hello guys,

need help here pls!

got a mishimoto intercooler for my sr180 and now I need help fitting it 

what do I need to fit this and how do I fit this?

help would be appreciated thanks guys