Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

White/blue Smoke 2.2 180

Phil_1985

2007 2.2 D-CAT 180 - 84,000miles

- 3/4 replacement engine at 70,000 miles due to oil consumption

- Differential pressure sensor (dpf sensor) changed at 55,000 miles

hmm... a little bit of background..

my car has always produced white/blue smoke when the DPNR (dpf) is regenerating... always. It would do this every few hundred miles or so once the engine has fully warmed up and last 15 minutes or so.

I've also become accustomed to the different engine idle when it's regenerating. My idle is less vibration and a 'lighter' engine note coupled with a very hot exhaust.

The issue -

My car seems to be regenerating the dpf every time, yes I mean every time the engine has warmed up! It's been doing this for the past 2500 miles!

I know it's doing this because....

- the intermittent white/blue smoke

- the 'different' engine idle

- techstream confirms it is in regen mode (and the exhaust gas temp is 600+ celsius!)

I don't understand why it's doing this?

- 'fifth' exhaust port fuel injector feedback volume is within normal limits

- no DTC's

- MAF sensor is within specified range

- EGR is clean

- Air Filter is clean

The only thing I can think of is that the DPF is nearing the end of it's life so the car is constantly regenerating it because it's full of ash.. or soot. Anyone had any similar experiences?

I've tried 60 miles, 4th gear @ 60 mph twice over the weeks to no avail - it's still regenerating! Fuel used has always been Shell and for the past year v power.

Anyone please help?

Get some cleaner for it or or if your feeling brave take it off clean it put it back on and see

mine was contantly regenerating just as you described in your post. turned out to be a tiny hole in the dpf causing a pressure differencial enough to make the ecu think there was a blockage and constantly try to regen. new dpf fitted under warrantly by toyota just before christmas and 5 months on, have not seen a single puff of smoke

• 6 years later...

Hi guys I had a white smoke issue, I took my car for a remap at a (Revo map) local garage (Malta) and removed dpf egr and the 5 injector by my self and the issues are gone till now after 300km no issues ,more power and better mpg (avg mpg is 41) from 33mpg ,for me the problem is the ECU map gone wrong  that allow fifth injector to spray diesel frequently Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links