Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2011 Rav4 2.2 Xtr V Honda Crv Ex

Nigebob Squarepants

Just had a look at a 2011 2.2 XTR Diesel, low miles. Tempted, but want your input on the engine

and any other bits and bobs that have gone wrong on this particular age of RAV.

I was originally interested in 2008/09 but all the problems with the engine and subsequent rebuilds put me off.

Do we have a definitive year date after which toyota fixed these problems, if they fixed it at all???? I remember a similar situation with the dreaded DMF supposedly being sorted by the end of production of the 4.2 (mine!) but I still ended up having to get it replaced.

If the engine probs have not been fixed I will be going for the CRV instead.

Anyone with experience of towing with these babies!, what is the max tow weight?

Any input appreciated, but lets not start slagging off the CRV because of the Badge name.

So, assuming that the 2011 registered 2.2 XTR was built later than 2009 all should be well. In which case it will be a 4.3.5 with the 150bhp engine and will be fine and well sorted. I've no experience of towing but am pretty sure that the towing weight is 2,000 kg (braked).

I had my 2/3 engine replacement at 45,000 miles and now at 83,000 it is still going strong.

I tow a caravan (1365 Kilos) with no problem at all. I go to Europe twice a year all is fine.

I comment CRV, sorry

Good luck with your choice :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links