Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Black Box Uner The Driver Seat

IceHz

Hi Guys, in my '01 Vitz I've got a small black box under the driver seat with some wires connecting to it. Don't have a car alarm so its not that unit, the thing is secured on to the carpet with cut made in the carpet so I'm thinking its a factory fitting. The thing has a cautious mark <!> on it with lettering in japanese :blink:

Something similar is also fixed right under the dash on the driver side with wires goning out. I have central locking with a keyremote (toyoya built-in thing)

Any ideas... or is my car bugged... :ph34r: :o

Thanks

its the Auto Pilot, dont have one on mine, is the box on the left side of the car(it will be the ECU)

dunno not heard of the under seat box?

the one under the glovebox is the ECU as said

can you get a pic of it?

hmmmmm

do you have an alarm system fitted?? maybe somesort of shock sensor?

well, he did say he doesn't have an alarm fitted, you are probably being tracked..... :ph34r: :P

maybe its some extra equipment on the vitz model.... <_<

Kenny!

Is it plugged in to your seat...I know mine in Canada has a weight sensor in the seat to detect when someone is sitting in the seat and tell them to put on their seatbelt and put the seatbelt light on if you don't have it on. Same for the passenger...

Cheers

• 3 years later...
Is it plugged in to your seat...I know mine in Canada has a weight sensor in the seat to detect when someone is sitting in the seat and tell them to put on their seatbelt and put the seatbelt light on if you don't have it on. Same for the passenger...

Cheers

the weight sensor is other think

this black box i cant find what it is

i have it in mine too

3 years later and we still don't know what the black box is under the seat!

:blink:

anyone ?????

OFFTOPIC: Hey, your avatar is nice but it's >6 mb and makes reading this thread a pain in the *ss (at least on my computer at work with crappy integrated gfx).

anyone ?????

OFFTOPIC: Hey, your avatar is nice but it's >6 mb and makes reading this thread a pain in the *ss (at least on my computer at work with crappy integrated gfx).

its ok now

but still nothing about that box

i am sure that is from toyota

Surely the big givaway indicating it's from Toyota would be the T O Y O T A labeling!!?? :toast:

Only messing!

Surely if it's got on it door reciever it'd be for the power door locls?? Can't see why it'd be located there though?

I'm not trying to be annoying or anything but does it actually matter? :P :S If you really need to know just pop into toyota dealer and ask a mechanic when he has two seconds to have a look?

Oh have blck box under my drivers seat BUT it's just the SUBWOOFER box. Would like to say i'm showing off here but its the biggest waste of time and i reckon the previous owner was ****** when he ticked that box on the options list. I've heard dead peaple that are louder than that thing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links