Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farewell To Prius

cbcdesign

Well after 4 years my Prius was collected yesterday by BCA Logistics for delivery to Toyota and eventual resale via Auction, so I am told. With 15,000 miles on the clock my fully loaded T Spirit with Leather and Adaptive Cruise Control is going to make somebody a very happy camper I would think. BCA actually commented on what a nice example it was for a four year old vehicle.

With my new Seal Leon ST now sat on the drive I am no longer a Toyota Owner so I shall say goodbye but before I go, I would like to thank everybody for such a superb resource. This forum is a great place to learn about Toyota cars of all types and it has been a very useful over the last four years or so. If the new Avensis or the new Prius had come out in time I may have opted for one of those instead of the Leon but such is life. In three years time maybe...............

All the best to you all.

Alan.

• Like 1

Well after 4 years my Prius was collected yesterday by BCA Logistics for delivery to Toyota and eventual resale via Auction, so I am told. With 15,000 miles on the clock my fully loaded T Spirit with Leather and Adaptive Cruise Control is going to make somebody a very happy camper I would think. BCA actually commented on what a nice example it was for a four year old vehicle.

With my new Seal Leon ST now sat on the drive I am no longer a Toyota Owner so I shall say goodbye but before I go, I would like to thank everybody for such a superb resource. This forum is a great place to learn about Toyota cars of all types and it has been a very useful over the last four years or so. If the new Avensis or the new Prius had come out in time I may have opted for one of those instead of the Leon but such is life. In three years time maybe...............

All the best to you all.

Alan.

Interesting that you've gone to opposite route to me. I had an Octavia, was going to get a Seat Leon ST but looked into everything, sized it all up and the Auris hybrid just about won. Good luck with VAG, I'm afraid these days, you'll need it :(

• Like 1

Whats the number plate, I can tell you price of how much it will sell for and where it will sell.

Well after 4 years my Prius was collected yesterday by BCA Logistics for delivery to Toyota and eventual resale via Auction, so I am told. With 15,000 miles on the clock my fully loaded T Spirit with Leather and Adaptive Cruise Control is going to make somebody a very happy camper I would think.

How are you coping without radar cruise? I am dreading giving that up when I come to swap my Prius for a CT-200h.

Well after 4 years my Prius was collected yesterday by BCA Logistics for delivery to Toyota and eventual resale via Auction, so I am told. With 15,000 miles on the clock my fully loaded T Spirit with Leather and Adaptive Cruise Control is going to make somebody a very happy camper I would think.

How are you coping without radar cruise? I am dreading giving that up when I come to swap my Prius for a CT-200h.

At less than 4k miles a year I suspect quite easily. I wish I was doing such low mileage :(

DarrenM. Seat Leon Mk3 was ranked forth place in the Autoexpress 2015 Driver Power Survey for reliability and overall at 96.9%, Prius Mk3 was not far behind at 96.17%. Also it was an options issue or the absence of certain option in the Auris that swung it the other way for me. If the new Avensis had come out a few months earlier I would probably have chosen that car instead.

Reg was WR11 HZV. My guess is that it will fetch 15-16 grand?

Seamaster73, I have Radar Cruise control in my Leon, couldn't live without it after having it in the Prius. It works much like the Toyota version does, hardly anything in it to be honest except in the Leon with the DGS Auto Gearbox it can bring the vehicle to a complete stop autonomously. I am surprised you didn't include it in your CT200H, I can only assume it must have been too expensive. In the leon it was only £550.00 with the front Assist safety system so I scrapped metallic paint and went for ACC instead.

Is this why Toyota only sold 2,800 Prii last year? The competition has hotted up and the Prius just a tad too expensive?

• Like 1

Car has not come through to BCA, will probably come Monday morning or Tuesday. I will keep checking but it will only sell for abut £13,700-£14,500.

Seamaster73, I have Radar Cruise control in my Leon, couldn't live without it after having it in the Prius. It works much like the Toyota version does, hardly anything in it to be honest except in the Leon with the DGS Auto Gearbox it can bring the vehicle to a complete stop autonomously. I am surprised you didn't include it in your CT200H, I can only assume it must have been too expensive. In the leon it was only £550.00 with the front Assist safety system so I scrapped metallic paint and went for ACC instead.

It's a very expensive option on the CT200h, and only available on the top of the line Premier variant.

DarrenM. Seat Leon Mk3 was ranked forth place in the Autoexpress 2015 Driver Power Survey for reliability and overall at 96.9%, Prius Mk3 was not far behind at 96.17%. Also it was an options issue or the absence of certain option in the Auris that swung it the other way for me. If the new Avensis had come out a few months earlier I would probably have chosen that car instead.

Did we talk about this before? I remember saying that when I was weighing up the 2, the lack of rear air ducts was a flabbergasting omission on the Auris, but less so than the lack of rear drinks holders in the Leon for my kids, which I couldn't do without. Therefore I had to upgrade to the leather interior to get a centre armrest with drinks holders.

In all honesty, if the Leon had come in cheaper, I probably would've gone for that. The 1.2 TSI is meant to be a good engine, the MQB platform nice and light but stiff, and the new 7 speed wet clutch DSG is meant to be a whole lot better than the 6 speed dry clutch, which should be avoided at all costs. They look nice as well.

But each day when I'm driving the Auris, I'm very glad I went this route. It's exactly what I wanted. The Prius was never really in my reckoning so I can't compare your decision going from one to the other.

Hope it works out well for you :)

• Like 1

Well £14,500 is pretty close to the 15 grand I thought it would go for. Its very tidy, very low millage and fully loaded so it should fetch a decent price.

Re CT200H ACC! I see. Missing a trick again, so typical of Toyota/Lexus in this country. They really should split all the options down into more sensibly priced variants, they would sell more of them that way.

I think we did actually did discuss it before Darren. For the record the leon ST does have rear cup holders for kids in mine which isn't leather, just alcantara. It is a FR version which may make a difference. To be honest it wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me, kids eating and drinking in the car is out! :)

Looks wise there isn't much between the Leon and the Auris. Both look great in their own right I think.

• Like 1