Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

End Of The Road For A Long Serving And Reliable 98 Avensis?

JayEmAye

Your valued opinions please...

My trusty and unblemished 1998 2.0 GLS Avensis petrol estate has started showing signs of trouble.

Recent MOT failed due to excessive corrosion on rear sills and areas near suspension mounts. MOT before that she needed a new CAT and in February she had a new clutch. The engine is fine, though high on emission, she runs nicely, in true Toya fashion.

Realistically, the car isn't worth more than £200 and I'm waiting on a welding quote for the bodywork, but I'd be interested in your simple vote of KEEP or SCRAP.

for me it would depend on the quote to fix, end of the day its up to you.

what's the mileage?

I take it you will be buying another Toyota?

• Like 1

Well its personal choice..

The way I would look at it is..

if it cost you 800£ to buy a replacement but only 200£ to fix, I would rather fix and keep.

but the older the car. the more the issues.. :(

The struts, rears, or fronts rusting? - They not getting confused with the underseal peeling away are they?

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies chaps. The mileage is over 165,000. And yes I may well look at another Toya if bad news from the welders.

Its all about cost and reliability when all said and done..how much to repair and how much to replace then factor in reliability,breakdown cover advisable though if you don't have it already..seems like you've spent a bit on her recently though.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links