Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Reservoir And Bleed Order?

woodways3

Hi I have a 2005 T Spirit Avensis,can you tell me how to remove that stupid inner reservior filter bowl?ive tried putting small screwdrivers down the side ,but the damned thing won,t come out ! also what order to bleed the brakes ie ns off side etc etc ,thanks for your help.

Any reason why you want to remove it?

Fluid flows straight through the mesh. Most bits of debris which fall into the reservoir can be picked out.

Bleeding brakes which are currently full of fluid and free from air can be done in any order.

However the order usually adopted is to start from the hub furthest from the master cylinder and then the next furthest and so on.

• Like 1

Any reason why you want to remove it?

Fluid flows straight through the mesh. Most bits of debris which fall into the reservoir can be picked out.

Bleeding brakes which are currently full of fluid and free from air can be done in any order.

However the order usually adopted is to start from the hub furthest from the master cylinder and then the next furthest and so on.

Hi yes i want to put a fluid tester into it.

I recently changed my brake fluid and started with the further wheel from the reservoir/master cylinder, then the front wheel on the same circuit. Repeated with the other circuit. I repeated the whole process for the whole system.

Used Gunsons pressure bleeding kit and worked by myself.

The ABS should have not impact on the bleeding as all the valves are open.

The brake fluid tester is useful, but some will change the brake fluid as a matter of course, like the coolant and oil. If you don't know when fluid was changed, and the brakes don't have the correct feel, just change the fluid.

My brake fluid was about 5 years old until I changed it. Some cars have gone far longer!

• 5 years later...

Hi, I’ve just changed the brake fluid on my 2005 D4D Avensis and the brake pedal has gone very hard. Brakes are very poor and the hand brake light is on intermittently. Bleed them first by myself with a kit and the second time with a buddy. Fluid level is fine. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links