Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav $ 4.4 Front Brake Wear

D Arrowsmith

Looking for a biit of advice or to see if anyone else has had excessive wear on the front brakes. I have had 4 x RAV4's and currently have a 13 plate Icon. Had its 2 year service last month and been told the pads AND discs need replacing, pads I caan just about believe but Disc's? its only done 19k!. Not sure if this is a common problem or unique to the new model. I have had other models and done upwards of 30k without a need to replace these before.

Anyone have any advice? (my local centre is normally quite good were its serviced)

Any particular reason why the discs need replacing?

• Like 1

There is no particular problem with the new RAV, we have seen some fairly high mileage ones on original discs and pads (Fleet cars) it's all about the braking........... :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Apparently there is a ridge on the outer diameter which I can see myself, and the contact area has worn down as normal so they have to change the disc at the same time. I am going to ask them for more info, its odd that I have not had any similar problems before with pads & disc's on such a short mileage. As I follow this forum a lot I wondered if it was a common problem.

My driving style has not changed!! Honest! The centre I use in Basingstoke has always been brilliant to me, always had good service and help when needed on both our cars (we also have a new Aygo), I was just a little surprsied to see pads and discs need changing on a 2 year service.

Maybe one disc has worn badly/unevenly (stone wedged in there?) and replacing them both is the best option?

I've been amazed how long OEM discs have lasted on some of my cars - but it is down to braking style/luck/regular usage I reckon!