Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota K3-Ve Engine

WhatisaPerodua?

Hi there,

My other half has a Perodua Myvi which uses the Toyota K3-VE 1.3 engine. UK Perodua forums are pretty much non-existent it seems.

Her car is losing a fair amount of oil, are there any common oil leaks on these engines that anyone has experience of?

Looking from the top there isn't any sign of a leak, underneath however there is a lot of oil all over the front of the sump, but I can't tell if the sump gasket is the cause of the leak or if it is coming from slightly further up. I have photos if they would help anyone.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Myvi is a licence produced version of the Daihatsu Sirion. A version of the KV-3E engine was used in the first and second generation Yaris, but Daihatsu continued to develop this engine whilst Toyota moved to the 1NR-FE from approx 2008. There will be differences between the Daihatsu KV-3E and the Toyota equivalent, but not sure what these differences are.

Have you had a look at a Daihatsu owners forum - eg. http://www.daihatsu-drivers.uk/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links