Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 D4D Lack Of Power

Mike5100

Just drove daughter's car today and there's a distinct lack of oomph. She says it's been like that for years and she's just got used to it. I've done a trawl on here but the problem doesn't sound typical. There's no engine light and she's never had one. The power problem is continuous and not intermittent. She gets reasonable acceleration on gentle throttle application but revs do not build much if you press harder. I did eventually get it up to highish revs and there was a slight kick at 4000 rpm.

She doesn't have any rough running but she has always had the hot starting problem which may be completely unconnected.

Any suggestions would be welcome, - particularly quick fix ones first, as I'm sure any garage is going to say she needs a new turbo.

Thanks

Mike

Hi again Mike,

If you have not tried it already I would recommend running a can of "archoil ar6600 turbo cleaner" through the system, this is going to be one of the cheapest options to start with and there have been quite a few positive comments on its effectiveness, have a read up on it online and see if you think your symptoms may benefit.

regards colin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links