Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It’S Au Revoir From Me!

Nigebob Squarepants

Time to call in a day with our RAV. Traded it in for a Honda CRV 2.2 Diesel.

Went to look at a 2011 RAV Xtr at Altrincham Toyota, and could not even start the car because the

Battery was flat, (the guy said it had been stood for a few days !!!!!!!!!!!) blimey, my car had only just had a new Battery after 10 years and had never failed to start.

Not a good sign.

That is not the reason i didn’t go ahead with buying it, even though it was a good discount on the car and a good trade-in price.

I researched the engine problems and decided I couldn’t risk it, not even on a 2011 reg.

The other thing was the boot size compared with the CRV.

We have 2 dogs and a caravan to pull.

Had Toyota not had all the associated probs with the engine I wouldn’t have looked anywhere else as this car has been very reliable and served me well for over 6 years.

Anyway, time to go! And thanks to everyone who has contributed over the years.

Cheers, Nigebob

enjoy your new car. Might want to check if it has had a new clutch - Honda 2.2s certainly used to have a rep for clutch problems.

& to be fair to Toyota the issues with the AD engines head& gasket do seem to have pretty much vanished with the 2009> versions.

Best wishes.