Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D4D Head Gasket Cost To Repair

paulybrad

Dear Members,

I have just had a quick diagnostic on water loss and overheating problem. The water comes out of the overflow when on idle. The garage said I need to replace the overhead gasket. The owner of the garage was not available to give me a price until Monday.

Anybody have any ideas on a guide price to carry out this work?

the problem isn't just replacing the gasket but that damage may have been done to the head/block. Toyota say that you shouldn't skim these heads.

This is a known problem that affects a small % of 1AD/2AD engines & Toyota provided an additional goodwill warranty for the issue subject to limits of 7 years or just under 112k miles. Sounds like your car is out of those limits.

The Toyota fix was an exchange 3/4 engine - about a £6000 fix at retail.

Hi Heidfirst,

Thank you for your post. My car has done 123,000 so no good will for me. :(

I have read that many people in this forum has had the overhead gasket repaired, some 3 times on the same car. My fear is that the cylinder head maybe cracked.

I am certainly not paying £6000. I am hoping some members might give me a guide price or had a similar problem and got it repaired.

Cheers

Paul

I've a similar problem, but will probably look into getting a secondhand engine. Then get rid of it. The T180 seems over engineered.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links