Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What To Check In A Second Hand Yaris D4d ?

kai3747

Hi i recently had a car accident with my iq and after insurance company salvage my car i decided to buy a second hand yaris D4D, as i live in Cyprus most of the cars are coming from UK. As i travel a lot in highways i heard that yaris is very economic . Is that true? i checked some with averaage 59 mpg.

I want to buy the 6 speed gearbox 2009- but if i find a great deal with 5 speed i will hit it.

So i want your help as older owners of the car . What i must check before buy this specific car?

I have a 59 plate Yaris diesel with 6 gears - just looked at the computer trip tonight and it read 62.3mpg

The wife has a 58 plate diesel with 5 gears and she does about 4/5 mpg less.

Sorry but i do not understand what you are meaning with 59 and 58 plate ... Is the time of registration ?

My apologies, yes its the time of registration in the uk. Basically the 2 Yaris cars are from 2008 and 2009.

The 2008 car has done 73000 miles and the 2009 car has done 52000.

Like many motor manufacturers at the moment, Toyota have done recalls on certain models. Make sure the one you looking at has no outstanding recalls.

For example, the 2008 car has recently been recalled for the electric window control switch be replaced, and the 2009 has had the engine turbo replaced (at a great cost to Toyota)

The wife and I are very happy with our cars, very comfortable, very quick acceleration (if you want it/need it), easy to park, all the benefits of a small car but somehow it doesnt feel like a small car when sat in it.

Sorry but i do not understand what you are meaning with 59 and 58 plate ... Is the time of registration ?

58 plate means registered between September 2008/Feb 2009 and 59 plate is September 2009/Feb 2010. I hope this helps (a UK registration mark and age thing).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links