Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Using A Mobile Phone

Hybrid-Harry

It states in the handbook that once you pair your phone with bluetooth, the Touch2 will recieve and make calls hands free.

I checked the compatibility of my phone and its listed so I have no problem on that front, what I am wondering is where have they located the mic that pics up your voice or do you have to buy one.

OK, FOUND IT NEXT TO AIR CON CONTROLS. :oops:

OK, FOUND IT NEXT TO AIR CON CONTROLS. :oops:

I thought it was in the ceiling??

No, it's a small triangular grill next to the air con controls

The mic in my Yaris is in the front roof lights.

Are you sure the grille next to the air con controls isnt for testing air temperature in the car? Just a thought.

Are you sure the grille next to the air con controls isnt for testing air temperature in the car? Just a thought.

Agreed, this is what its normally for, to monitor the cabin temp to know if it needs to be pumping out hot or cold air.

Then you all need to check page 64 of the Head Unit manual... ;)

post-126463-0-71452300-1433544868_thumb.

No it's not... :)

Obviously that manual page is showing a left hand drive car and ours are the other way around as in this photo...

post-126463-0-77074600-1433547221_thumb.

The eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted that the mic is nearer to the front seat passenger than it is to the driver...

No it's not... :)

Page 253 of my model Yaris says the mic in the front ceiling light cluster, and it is.

Obviously we are on different model Yaris.

Colin is absolutely correct, I assume he looked at my profile car when he posted, and saw I had a Excel Hybrid.

• Like 1

Indeed I did Ian. What I am also curious about though is where the second temperature sensor is on an Excel with Dual Zone Climate Control?

A lot of manufacturers use IR sensors to monitor dual climate control.

Well the primary one (behind that r/h grill) is definitely a thermistor as you can physically see it...

Indeed I did Ian. What I am also curious about though is where the second temperature sensor is on an Excel with Dual Zone Climate Control?

At the base of the windscreen? It is on our 2014 Yaris Trend and my PiP.

• 4 years later...

Wow a flurry of responses😃 so just confirming is the small grille next to air con controls a mic that my mobile should be using if the head unit shows is bluetooth paired to it?

Yes

1 hour ago, AlfK said:

Wow a flurry of responses😃 so just confirming is the small grille next to air con controls a mic that my mobile should be using if the head unit shows is bluetooth paired to it?

Just give it a test, you might be sat in the car on your drive, phone home and say to the wife “a cup of tea and a piece of cake would be nice”, that will test the mic, and her reply will surely confirm the speaker system is working 😁

Did that when got car and the missus reported I was clear then, but since then have done all the car software updates which seemed to mess up my satnav speed warnings big time. Hence me querying whether I have a physical mic in the car, or whether relied on the bluetooth connection thru phone bit of media headunit. Think I'll call in to dealer and get them to check the mic, if it's supposed to have one. 

Hi, I have a 2012 Rav. and the hands free is simply superb, I hope all of your cars is excellent to.

Regards, Mike.

👌Thanks everyone for your information. 👍

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/6/2015 at 1:57 AM, CPN said:

Then you all need to check page 64 of the Head Unit manual... 😉

post-126463-0-71452300-1433544868_thumb.

I have a 2014 new yaris, and the mike is obviously at this remote location. Since day one, and after changing smartphones, when I talk to people they complain that they hear me so badly, it's impossible to have a normal conversation.  How can this be resolved?

By accessing the mic volume settings which you should be able to access while the phone is connected.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links