Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Archoil Additives - My Two Cents

wastedagen

End Of last year I had the pleasure of the motor breaking down and producing two engines codes. Can't remember which these were but they had a 'P' in it........Something to do with the high pressure fuel system. In fact this was the second time the codes came up...The first time I had the AA reset the codes and I didnt persue this any further...My mistake.

So the second time I had The AA take it to Toyota, but even with the codes they couldnt pin point the fault. They gave me a list of possibilties, including new injectors, new fuel pump. Two most expensive things on the list.. Toyota reset my codes and got me mobile so i could go home and contemplate there answers.

Anyways I did an oil change/service including removing the EGR valve and cleaning that....Something I do every oil change now.

After some reading i decided to try the Archoil Fuel cleaner followed by the fuel additive with every tank. I have now done another 15,000 miles and its time for another oil change. This would be the first time I would see the results of the Archoil Cleaner and Fuel Additive....So I removed the EGR valve in anticipation and here are the results......

These pics are after a 15,000 mile interval without using the Archoil products.......Most people can guess what its gonna look like......

post-64213-0-22181100-1433511428_thumb.j post-64213-0-21762000-1433511443_thumb.jpost-64213-0-82108200-1433511455_thumb.j

And these are after using Archoil products:

post-64213-0-37491100-1433511661_thumb.jpost-64213-0-12120600-1433511630_thumb.jpost-64213-0-26029600-1433511670_thumb.j

As you can see there is a vast difference....OK, its not spotless but i wasnt expecting that...But it is clean enough to allow the gasses to keep flowing.....It also took me no time at all to clean. Where as before I had to scoop all the gunk ouk and soak and scrub for well over an hour...This time it took me no more than 15 mins to clean up.

So if it's this clean in the EGR valve then im sure the injectors are a lot cleaner too. And more importantly no more error codes. :clap:

So for me personally, its a keeper....I am gonna keep using these products for the foreseeable future. Ihave also added there oil additive too.

Anyways, i just thought i post these pics so people can see if this stuff actually works... I think it does..

P.S. Just in case you are wondering why I do 15,000 mile and not the stated 10,000 mile service interval, is because I prefer to use a very good oil and my journey to and from work is 99% motorway.....steady easy driving for me and the engine...So I only do 3 oil changes a year and not 4.....I don't think doing this is harmfull to the engine......Time will tell.....

Hi Wastedagen.

Interesting photo's and good to see the stuff actually works. So i am told another product that does much the same is BG244 and associated products, just Google it. I think either could be better than the other all i know is i put a can of BG244 in a full tank of diesel and wether i wanted to hear the difference i am unsure but i believe my car run more quietly and was more responsive. At arounf £20 a can i won't use it every tankful but certainly worth a can or two just before MOT time to assist passing the emissions test i think is a good idea.

Regards Mike.

Interesting topic and easy to see the difference with the Before and After pictures - seems remarkable. If I ran a diesel I'd certainly be thinking of using something like that.

On the subject of extending the oil change interval to 15,000 miles I don't see it doing any harm given the fact that you're using a premium oil and the type of running you do. If I recall correctly (don't like that IIRC) when they introduced fully synthetic engine oil for road going cars some years ago the price was astronomically high but they said this would be offset by oil changes being extended to 25,000 miles or even longer. Big Oil soon changed all that though!

• Like 1

Yes I agree.... I use Castrol edge (with titanium FST)...whatever that is... Lol.

So I'm not afraid to extend my oil change intervals...

I've heard good things about Archoil products, nice to see there's some truth behind it. Those 'before' pics are shockingly bad though!

So how much does the archoil cost for the use that you have

So how much does the archoil cost for the use that you have

The one off fuel cleaner cost about £19......followed by 500ml of fuel additive costing about £76......seems a lot but each tank only requires 5ml of the stuff.... So approx 100 tanks worth.......