Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Dab Radio

HiluxBen

Hi, I have new Hilux 15 plate and I cant work the DAB radio. Im probably being very thick but nothing i do seems to make it work. I have paid for the upgrade to DAB and have the tiny remote control but no instruction manual. When it was delivered a month ago DAB was on and working on radio 6 music but since then i can only get FM/AM radio and no DAB. Pressing the remote control does nothing and I have also tried all the various media settings AUX / AV but still no DAB can somebody please point me in the right direction please??

Hello Ben - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Should be able to download the DAB owners manual from www.toyota-tech.eu

First register as a user. Click on the Owners tab, Accessory Owner Manuals, select Hilux from 'All vehicles', 2011/08 MMC Gen 2 from 'All generations', and choose Audio from 'All accessory groups'.

The ' DAB Tuner - all languages' owner manual should be the first listed, and can be downloaded directly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the replies I have had look at the two manuals and I still cant get the DAB to work/turn on. Any other suggestions or anybody else had any problems like this in a new Toyota?? All i can think is changing the batteries in the DAB remote control as it appears to do nothing at all but what are the chances of them being flat in a brand new unit. I still cant help but think I am being incredibly stupid and I am missing a very simple trick? At which point do I get in touch with Toyota and ask for help unfortunately I bought the car 200 miles away from where I live? Any suggestions greatly appreciated thanks.....

Ben

I'd be inclined to go into your local Toyota dealer. If there is a fault with the DAB unit (which may be possible), any Toyota dealer should be able to deal with it under warranty - shouldn't matter that you bought the vehicle from another dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links