Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Used Rav4 2003 2.0 Diesel Manual Mannyyy Mileees.... Help

kai3747

Hi everyone , this is my first post in your forum about rav 4 model .I live in Cyprus and i found a used toyota rav4 2003 model 2.0 diesel manual for sale . I found this but i am afraid that it has a lot of miles 175000 about 280000km. It has no any history as it came from uk and a company had the car. the man that has the car now told me that it has new tyres and a passes MOT.

What are your opinions ? the price is very addractive :)

About miles ?

And what to check.

thank you

RAV4 175,000 miles = dead car. Not worth it, it'll just have loads of problems.

i am sorry that i am hearing that , ithought that d4d engines never 'slept'

Hi everyone , this is my first post in your forum about rav 4 model .I live in Cyprus and i found a used toyota rav4 2003 model 2.0 diesel manual for sale . I found this but i am afraid that it has a lot of miles 175000 about 280000km. It has no any history as it came from uk and a company had the car. the man that has the car now told me that it has new tyres and a passes MOT.

What are your opinions ? the price is very addractive :)

About miles ?

And what to check.

thank you

Mileage is not as important as it used to be. Modern engines are much better made and are more durable than in the past. And you are correct about Toyota engines being better than most. RAVs age well. We've had 4 of these 4.2s with varying mileages and they have all been excellent. Our current one is 10 years old (admittedly with only 48K miles up) but drives like new.

It depends upon how the car has been used and looked after. If it has a good service history, looks as if it has been care for, drives well, has no nasty noises and the price is right, it could be a winner for you. At this age and mileage however, it is all down to the "vibe" that you get when you see the car. In other words, does it seem genuine?

Good luck.

the car was from a company here in Cyprus . I drive it today and i found a lot of noise in rear cabin. maybe are the tyres as are semi gravel . the engine fell good but i think it is not very strong .(i am not sure ) i havent feel the turbo kick, i do not know if it was smooth from factory or there is any problem, gearbox was ok but a little rust in sunroof as it is the sport package

I had a D4D and it was a very good car. The engine should perform well, at least as good as any other 2.0 ltr diesel. If the turbo is not kicking in or is not up to scratch, you should be able to tell. It definitely should not feel "not very strong". Noise in the cabin could be down to tyres, both the make and how old they are. I once bought a RAV which had flat-spotted a couple of the tyres and the noise was pretty dreadful; a new set of decent tyres cured it. Corrosion around the sunroof is usually caused by blocked drain channels.

At the end of the day, this is a 12 year old car which has done above-average mileage so it will reflect that.

thanks firemac, the turbo wasnot kicking but it has some acceleration as i havent driven before any other diesel rav4

thanks firemac, the turbo wasnot kicking but it has some acceleration as i havent driven before any other diesel rav4

If the turbo is not spinning up that could suggest some serious repairs will be needed. A D4D with a non-functioning turbo will not be a nice driving experience. Best to walk away and spend money on a better car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links