Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis T27 Electronic Parking Brake Calibration.

Palko1984

I have Toyota Avensis T27 2009 2.0 D4D
There is 2 faults found:

C1346 Zero Point Calibration of Clutch Stroke Sensor Undone
C1336 Zero point Calibration of G Sensor Undone

It happened after clear the learned memory of Electronic Parking Brake by using EPB tool.

How to perform adaptation of those sensors?

• 3 months later...

As well as dash message "Check Parking Brake System", I'm getting exactly same codes as this (C1346 and C1336).

Are these separate issues or linked?

Also will subscribing to Techstream software allow to download the Calibration files and will this fix issues?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried the reset procedure - something alone the lines of holding the EPB button up/down for ten seconds. There's a good post in the archives from someone that used this to change his rear pads with success.

• 5 weeks later...

I seem to have caused a C1346 on mine as well. Due to lack of info leading to my meddling using Foxwell NT415. Any solution to this? Ta!

• Sad 1

• 3 years later...

This is an old post, but just in case anybody comes across it whilst searching for a solution, my fix was to use Techstream (old to up to date) with a Mini-VCI J2534 USB to OBD cable. Techstream simply removed the caution lights, and did a proper 'reset' that other diagnostics caused and could not fix. I mistakenly thought that my Launch would 'reset' the EPB after changing the rear brake pads, and caused the same issue as the others on this post. I have a notebook with Delphi that has the proper software, but the Battery needed charging, so use the Launch. That was when I loaded an 'old' version of Techstream and learnt how to use it before fixing the fault. Even the Delphi or the jumper wire (paper clip) and pedal trick didn't work. 
It's going to happen to somebody in the future and hopefully this will give them an idea of how to fix the fault.
For those who read this, but not have the fault, don't use the wrong diagnostics to 'reset the EPB' unless the software states it can calibrate. I only know that Techstream and Delphi can do this! After changing rear pads, just leave alone if you don't want a headache.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 years later...
On 5/26/2019 at 2:20 PM, Konrad C said:

This is an old post, yup ..

What was the paper clip trick?

Thanks!

23 hours ago, Hillbillie said:

What was the paper clip trick?

Thanks!

In my case, I had to resort to Techstream (an old version). The paper clip trick didn't work for me. I was partially successful with Delphi and cleared one of the codes. I wish I had recorded how I cleared the fault in detail, but in Techstream I went to the dashboard menu and it said clear parking brake warning. I said yes to that effect, there was a chime, the warning disappear and the parking brake motor go into pre-release mode. The parking brake was back to normal. This was weird but satisfying fix, but I don't want to repeat that again!   

I posted a post the way I changed my rear brake discs and pads and when I put into service mode and got my brake pads and new discs in I drove the car around standing on the brakes testing them making sure all good and with all working great only then did I take the car out of service mode and I did that job right so didn't loose center point .but one time I did get the flashing check handbrake on the dash with it not working but that funny was down to my fault when I was servicing my car and forgot to connect the plug for the maf sensor coming off the air filter 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links