Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tr

SteveOwen

What exactly does the TR mean on my Avensis?

it's the trim level.

What exactly does the TR mean on my Avensis?

it's the trim level.

Hi folks

My first newbie post and having just bought a UK import ( I am in Ireland ) 2010 Avensis TR can anyone explain why the Auto Light and Wipers are not present considering it was part of the spec for TRs. Thanks in advance.

Are you sure it is UK spec? Aside from that, brochures, websites, etc always contain a disclaimer where the manufacturer reserves the right to change specifications at short notice.

• Like 1

Are you sure it is UK spec? Aside from that, brochures, websites, etc always contain a disclaimer where the manufacturer reserves the right to change specifications at short notice.

Hi Frostyballs, I appreciate the quick response. Its definitly UK spec as I was cleared through Revenue & Customs this week from the UK. I understand about the manafacturers right to change specification but I am disapointed that they are not present. I do have the original brochure stating the difference between the trim Levels from 2009 but my car seems to be a 60 plate so maybe it wasn't standard then :(

Just as a matter of interest is it possible to retrofit DRL's instead?

Again thanks for the advice and help!

i have a 08 plate saloon which has auto lights and wipers and my partners 10 plate estate also has auto lights and wipers,i have sat nav built in on mine which she dosent have but she has cruise control but i dont.both are tr spec

• Like 1

i have a 08 plate saloon which has auto lights and wipers and my partners 10 plate estate also has auto lights and wipers,i have sat nav built in on mine which she dosent have but she has cruise control but i dont.both are tr spec

Thanks tyseley1. Seems there is a variety of options even within the trim levels. I have Nav, Cruise but no Auto Lights or Wipers. Might look at some option with main dealer about retrofit if possible :ermm:

Run out cars are always highly specced as they have to offer something against younger competitors.

Is your partners car a diesel? Iirc the T25 1.8 didn't have cruise control in any trim?

When they brought in the T27 they had TR & TR Nav specs.

• Like 1

Just for information, my 2010 60 plate TR has cruise and satnav but it doesn't have auto lights or wipers thankfully. Most manufacturers load end of line models with extras to encourage sales just before a facelift to move the older Shell on.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just seen this, so I looked through Auto trader and every TR Nav had cruise control, both diesel and petrol. These were 2009-2010 models and I notice this includes DAB radio and reversing camera, in addition to the Sat Nav. Only USB is missing on all early version. Later updates added USB.

Auto lights and wipers also present, and both can be switched off if necessary. I think the T2 (UK) does not have these features. I will confirm this. Also the T2 only has front electric windows and no cruise control, no climate control nor bluetooth. The centre cup holder does not have a sliding lid. Externally no alloy wheels nor front fog lamps. All these features are present in a UK TR.

So the non-UK spec TR does not have Auto lights or Wipers? That tells me the car was sourced by an agent, who registered it in UK. Something like a grey import, if that makes sense. I have heard/read stories of people getting cars through agents at cheaper prices, only to find the car was not true UK specs.

"Just seen this, so I looked through Auto trader and every TR Nav had cruise control, both diesel and petrol. These were 2009-2010 models and I notice this includes DAB radio "

Possibly the TR Nav gained it as part of the package but I am not sure that actual DAB radio was standard at that age but "DAB ready" (the DAB tuner just plugs into the back of the head unit) was. Even my facelift TSpirit doesn't have DAB as standard.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links