Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"please Insert Correct Map Disc"

G S Hodg

I disconnected the Battery in my 2005 Corolla, and now the navigation/audio system doesn't work at all, and just says "Please insert correct map disc" - even though an original Toyota Map DVD is in.

I googled around, and have seen many people posting with the same issue in many different Toyota models, not just Corolla - but I didn't find anyone posting what the solution might be.

Any ideas - as I currently have no radio, CD playing, or navigation working. Thanks in advance.

The unit says B9003 on the front - which I think is also referred to as TNS600.

Hi

I also had my Battery disconnected its a 2010 Avensis, since reconnecting the Battery the touch screen system has gone and it says a programme con not be read please see dealership.

I went into the local Toyota dealership and he was useless, it was almost as thou he had never seen the error message before, I previously did not have an SD card in there or a CD for the sat nav, I now have a blank SD card ready to go, I would be gratful if someone could please please please let me know what to do next to get the radio, bluetooth etc back up and running. The system in the car is a TNS510.

Thanks

Jade

Download this file: https://www.dropbox....2f4/LOADING.KWI

you need to put the downloaded file on to on a blank 4gb Sd Card.

When the Battery is disconnected the TNS510 looses its operating system in memory, it can be reinstalled with a SD map card currently £136 in the UK

If you never had a map card in the unit or it was lost/stolen then you can get your radio etc working with this method

1, You will need a blank 4gb SD card

2, Copy the "loading.kwi" file the the card

3, Insert the card into the TNS510 and turn the ignition on first stage only (do not start the engine)

4, You will see a yellow progress bar on the screen

5, wait until its finished and your radio will spring to life again

6, If your Map SD card has become corrupt due to you trying to start the car with a flat Battery, then you can use the card you made to get the TNS510 working then swap it for your original Map SD card

7, You can overwrite the Loading.kwi file in your Map SD card with the file on here to fix the Map card

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Please could you point me to where I will be able to download an image for DVD?

I have the same problem, but my car is Toyota Corolla Verso TSpirit 2005 & I believe my Sat Nav model is B9002 and has no SD card intake.

Many thanks

• 7 months later...

Hi plusvu, where you able to fix this problem. If yes please let me know how. I'm currently having the same problem after I took out my Battery. The DVday hasn't been working

• 2 months later...

I have found a fix for the 'Please insert correct map disc' problem for the B9002/TNS600 system only, not sure if it will work on other systems, For those that are new to this problem, it happens when the vehicle's Battery is disconnected.

Don't bother opening the system, I can confirm the B9002/TNS600 has NO SD card reader or Battery that can be removed for a reset. According to the forums only the 'loading.kwi' file is required on a Dual Layer (DL) DVD using certain DVD software burned at a certain speed.

I used a Polaroid DVD-R using my laptops DVD drive at write speed 8 and it worked using an 4.3 GB ISO file.

PM me if you need more information, as adding links is not allowed.

• Like 1

I got the same message but no Battery disconnection. It was for TNS600. I have original DVD map and reconnection of batteries didnt help.

I havent tested the file (I hadnt this information) but I have opened the system, cleaned by hand and ethylalcohol the laser in DVD, closed and it works properly now. The opening of TNS600 is not so hard, few screws only tricky situation is with "folio buses". Which you need to carefully disconnect and reconnection is only possible when you open DVD, first connect bus to PCB at the bottom and after back to DVD. It is little bit sensitive operation but  you are skilful in average, you can do it.

• 6 months later...

Hi I have a Corolla Verso 2004 with a built in navigation TNS600 B9002. After replacing the battery  the message appeared " please insert Correct Map Diisc".

I removed the whole unit and opened the DVD drive for the Map DVD. Cleaned the lense with the a soft piece of cloth and used tittle bit of after shave.

Put every thing back and it started reading the map disc.

• 2 months later...

I have a Corolla Verso 2005 and the "please insert correct map disc" problem arised when my Battery was disconnected. I have lost the original map disc. Would somebody please help me re-activate this? I am struggling without my rear camera and radio!

• 5 months later...

Hello sir i also disconnected battery and now dvd map and rear camera isnt working..corola x aniversary 2006 model..

Please help me.

• 6 months later...

please send me the link where I can download file to restart my stand/dvd as it doesn't work after flat Battery. The screen appears with statement above but cannot switch to radio

On 27/04/2016 at 2:23 PM, simman said:

I have found a fix for the 'Please insert correct map disc' problem for the B9002/TNS600 system only, not sure if it will work on other systems, For those that are new to this problem, it happens when the vehicle's battery is disconnected.

Don't bother opening the system, I can confirm the B9002/TNS600 has NO SD card reader or battery that can be removed for a reset. According to the forums only the 'loading.kwi' file is required on a Dual Layer (DL) DVD using certain DVD software burned at a certain speed.

I used a Polaroid DVD-R using my laptops DVD drive at write speed 8 and it worked using an 4.3 GB ISO file.

PM me if you need more information, as adding links is not allowed.

Hi I would like a link if possible as I have the disk but when i put it in it just says insert correct map disk??

• 1 month later...

Could somebody send me the link to download the file?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem after disconnecting battery; it is a B9000 sat nav / radio unit. I took the lid off (7 screws); removed the two screws holding the DVD cage in place; carefully lift it up being careful not to break the ribbon; find the DVD reader lens in the middle of the player - give it a wipe with a dry cotton bud - put it all back together and it now reads the DVD again.

• 1 year later...

Hi there please help.I have a navigation system in my Toyota hilux 2005 D4D Model. When I removed the Battery and wanted to play the radio there was an error message on the screen "PLEASE INSERT CORRECT MAP DISC"  THE NAVIGATION DISCH IS DEMAGED AND NO LONGER USABLE.  Caan someone tell me how to sort this problem PLEASE I am stuck with no sound in my toyota.  

Walter

Hi Walter, welcome to TOC 🙂

You will need to either borrow a disc or buy 1 (plenty of cheap counterfeits on ebay). There is a file on the disc that the system uses to boot.

Heidfirst many thanks for your quick response. Just wondering the search word that I can use on eBay. Can you suggest for me the search word I can use on eBay please, sorry for bothering you too much

Walter

Hi Walter, do you know which system is in your Hilux e.g. TNS300/TNS400 etc.?

Try using that & something like "toyota map update disc"

No i do not know the system reference number, maybe I need to check on it. That means I need to remove the system and check , is that so? But I just noted that there are navigation discs on sale on eBay with the same logo as my demaged disc but also realised that mine was version one, and the ones on sale on eBay are version 2. Please see photo  of the demaged one here but this one is version 1 and written  DVD NAVIGATION MAP, EUROPE WEST, E14 (Version 1) and those on eBay are version 2. My worry is would the version 2 be compatible? Please advise.

Walter

20190330_033103.jpg

Hi Walter

Is there some logical reason why the disc should be damaged - if not then I would suggest that it may be the same problem that I had - a bit of dust on the lens reader. I have no idea why it should throw this fault only when the Battery had been disconnected but it did. Removing the unit and gently wiping the DVD reader lens fixed it.

BTW I think that the v2 DVD will be compatible but check that you really need it first.

14 hours ago, Walter Madimutsa said:

No i do not know the system reference number, maybe I need to check on it. That means I need to remove the system and check , is that so?

No, there is probably a no. on the fascia plate of the unit

But I just noted that there are navigation discs on sale on Ebay with the same logo as my demaged disc but also realised that mine was version one, and the ones on sale on Ebay are version 2. Please see photo  of the demaged one here but this one is version 1 and written  DVD NAVIGATION MAP, EUROPE WEST, E14 (Version 1) and those on Ebay are version 2. My worry is would the version 2 be compatible? Please advise.

There are 2 updates a year hence V1 & V2 so yes, V2 should be compatible. Also, if you are going to have to buy a (counterfeit :P) update disc you might as well get the latest, 2018 v2.

7 hours ago, tokyosam said:

I have no idea why it should throw this fault only when the battery had been disconnected but it did.

The file that it uses to boot the system is obviously held in memory as once you have done it once you can remove the disc & the system will still boot as long as you have maintained power to it. However, removing power to the unit e.g. by disconnecting the Battery obviously let's that memory clear so no boot on re-connection without access to it from a disc.

Thank you so much guys for the input. Heidfirst I sincerely thank you for your zeal to want to help others. remain blessed. I will give feedback on this platform when i buy nd try the disc. Most probably that will help others too.

Walter

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

The file that it uses to boot the system is obviously held in memory as once you have done it once you can remove the disc & the system will still boot as long as you have maintained power to it. However, removing power to the unit e.g. by disconnecting the battery obviously let's that memory clear so no boot on re-connection without access to it from a disc.

Thanks very much - that makes sense now. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2015 at 12:12 PM, Raistlin said:

Download this file: https://www.dropbox....2f4/LOADING.KWI

you need to put the downloaded file on to on a blank 4gb Sd Card.

When the battery is disconnected the TNS510 looses its operating system in memory, it can be reinstalled with a SD map card currently £136 in the UK

If you never had a map card in the unit or it was lost/stolen then you can get your radio etc working with this method

1, You will need a blank 4gb SD card

2, Copy the "loading.kwi" file the the card

3, Insert the card into the TNS510 and turn the ignition on first stage only (do not start the engine)

4, You will see a yellow progress bar on the screen

5, wait until its finished and your radio will spring to life again

6, If your Map SD card has become corrupt due to you trying to start the car with a flat battery, then you can use the card you made to get the TNS510 working then swap it for your original Map SD card

7, You can overwrite the Loading.kwi file in your Map SD card with the file on here to fix the Map card

Hi there,

Can anybody send me a link with the file or t.dianov at gmail.com? Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links