Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"please Insert Correct Map Disc"

G S Hodg

Has anyone solved this issue? I have a 2007 Corolla D4D with the B9003 CD/DVD Navigation system and am also getting the PLEASE INSERT CORRECT MAP DISC message, even though the correct disc in there. It's the same one that has been in there for years (we NEVER use the navigator system) but the radio and CD were working fine prior to having the starter replaced, which required disconnecting the Battery.

That said, is it possible to completely disconnect or disable the navigation system and just use the radio/CD, so that this issue doesn't come up again?

Picture of my console attached.

IMG_1341.JPG

I have a total of 4 discs for the DVD sat/nav system (for different parts of Europe)...does it matter which one I use to reboot the system, or does it  have to be disc 1?

Yes I fixed the problem on mine. Take a look at my post dated 20 march 2018. It's worth a try as it costs nothing. 

tokyosam - thanks for your reply - I did see your post while scrolling through the forum and I'll definitely give it a shot. Fingers crossed!!

58 minutes ago, JuanCierva said:

Has anyone solved this issue? I have a 2007 Corolla D4D with the B9003 CD/DVD Navigation system and am also getting the PLEASE INSERT CORRECT MAP DISC message, even though the correct disc in there. It's the same one that has been in there for years (we NEVER use the navigator system) but the radio and CD were working fine prior to having the starter replaced, which required disconnecting the battery.

That said, is it possible to completely disconnect or disable the navigation system and just use the radio/CD, so that this issue doesn't come up again?

Picture of my console attached.

IMG_1341.JPG

I wanted to add (in case it helps)...according to the local Toyota dealer, I need to purchase a disc from them to unblock the system - but with no guarantee that this disc will work if/when this issue comes up again.

If the problem is a speck of dust on the reader then changing the disc will make no difference at all. I would try taking the unit out clean it and put it back with the original disc. 

Just to confirm I didn't buy a new disc to fix mine. This sort of problem is not what main dealers (of any make) are good at - they are set up to replace not clean and repair.

25 minutes ago, tokyosam said:

Just to confirm I didn't buy a new disc to fix mine. This sort of problem is not what main dealers (of any make) are good at - they are set up to replace not clean and repair.

Completely agree - I didn't buy his explanation...it just seemed sketchy and I don't think he even wanted to be bothered. For such a great product, they have such crappy representatives sometimes

• 6 months later...

Looking for Map CD  for Toyota Navigation NDDN-w58, and were do you find this download for KIWI file, or how do you download KIWI file on laptop.

• 1 month later...

i disconnected the Battery of my toyota voxy 2010 model and is showing on the screen that please insert correct  navigation and map sd card.   please i need your help

Well you need to insert the navigation disc into the dvd slot behind the screen, to boot the system, once done you can remove the dvd

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

I have Toyota Hilux with same issue "Please Insert Correct Map Disk" after Battery change, I don't have Map Disk with me since it is a second hand vehicle. My navigation system label says it is TOYOTA PZ445-00331-01 with 86113-60V550 AISIN AW Co Ltd. can some one help me to solve this issue.

• 6 months later...
On 3/29/2019 at 3:00 PM, Heidfirst said:

Hi Walter, welcome to TOC 🙂

You will need to either borrow a disc or buy 1 (plenty of cheap counterfeits on ebay). There is a file on the disc that the system uses to boot.

Hi

i have just bought a used Toyota corrola and am having the same issue with the PLEASE INSERT CORRECT MAP DISC.

Do I have to buy a year specific disc (2007) or is the Toyota map format essentially ‘universal’? (I may be able to borrow one if so)

Also under my drivers seat I have a DVD player to play DVDs in the headrests. Is this anything to do with the radio not working?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi kindly help where to get the map disc for mark x 2007 or how to download the program to my radio playing

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just to maybe help there is a youtube video by navi man with a link to copy a dvd.  I had trouble doing this myself, but a friend was able to do it for me.  Try this.  I still have one japanese question to sort out, but my radio and reversing camera is working again.  youtube Toyota NDDN-W58 Boot Program.  Good luck

• 5 months later...

This happened to me also, took out the stereo, took it apart and cleaned the dust out, put it back together and works again

• 4 months later...

I have a Toyota mark x 2007 model I recently charged the Battery and my stereo screen is not back to normal. No music, rear camera.

The screen is displaying THE PROGRAM CAN NOT BE READ PLEASE CONTACT THE DEALER

• 6 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links