Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Keys?

MorroN

Hi there,

I am trying to find a replacement key for my 09 Auris. I have found many 'shells' with a blank shaft etc but no transponder. Anyone know where I can find one with a transponder? The only ones on eBay are stretching to about £50 which is fine but they are from poland so im reluctant to buy. Havent contacted toyota yet but im assuming crazy money. If I can source a key with transponder can a local auto locksmith program it for me?

Thanks!

In your Auris model the transponder usually is located inside the key transmitter.

There might be some variations in between diffrent markets areas.

BR

Vesa

Contact some local auto locksmiths to see whether they can provide a suitable key complete with transponder.

Price from Toyodiy is under 50€, so you cloud just ask the price from the dealer. My previous car (98 Corolla) had a key made by some locksmith. It was twice as big as the original key, and the previous our had paid 150e for it. Original key dealer was something like 40€ when I ordered one some years ago.

• 2 years later...

Same issue being discussed on this topic, as the guy changed keys, and wants to program 1 additional key.  

If you just need a key that can start the car and don't need e.g. remote central locking or a keyless smart thing, then most auto locksmiths can do it.

They will supply a cut key, and will usually clone your existing key's transponder code onto a blank RFID that goes inside the new key.

If you want to do it 'properly', as in get a fresh key with a different transponder code, or also have the remote or a smart key, then Toyota are really the only route unless you can dig up the programming procedures from somewhere or get hold of Techstream and an ECU interface cable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links