Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Belt Warning Light

Max34

Hi Guys, can any one help? When is the T Belt warning lamp supposed to be activated? Is it on a certain amount of stretch of the belt? On time?? My handbook is in Thai so I can't refer to it. (And the Mrs isn't too technical either) LOL

I did read a post of an early Hilux Tiger where the light came on and the guy was going to fit a belt.

Any info greatly accepted.

Mark

Forget about the light and just change the belt at regular intervals

• Like 1

If it's any help...years ago (early 80's) my father had a few Hiace vans. On the diesel one the T Belt light came on at 50k miles, and went out again at 100k miles.

• Like 1

It comes on at around 90K and needs replacing, it does not measure the tension, it is ready to change on mileage basis

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info guys. I am happy to change the belt as parts over here are quite cheap £60 for a new belt, tensioner and roller. I wanted to know about the light as to how I put it out if it does come on - I guess Toyota plug it in - maybe recorded in the cluster.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info guys. I am happy to change the belt as parts over here are quite cheap £60 for a new belt, tensioner and roller. I wanted to know about the light as to how I put it out if it does come on - I guess Toyota plug it in - maybe recorded in the cluster.

Thanks again.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/163523-hi-lux-2008-service/?hl=%2Btiming+%2Blight+%2Breset#entry1357951

:)

• Like 1

Thanks DervDave, brilliant info as ever