Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Cam

Lorna2

"IIRC the Mk2 Yaris uses the Low Profile Micro Fuse type.

I bought one too for my dash cam, but discovered there wasn't enough clearance to put it in and still be able to put the internal fusebox cover back on."

Yes, low profile micro fuses. As does the Mk 3.

I just left the fusebox cover off and leave it in the glovebox.:smile: The fuse applications are also in the handbook so it's no problem leaving the cover out of the car, put safely away. Assuming the fuse box behind and below the glovebox. I wouldn't risk it with the fuseboxes in the engine bay!

I couldn't understand why my Dashcam wouldn't work after hardwiring. Dumbo me had connected the earth to a metal strip, near the fusebox, which wasn't connected to the vehicle body.:laugh:

Ha, yeah, when I first got the piggy back I was like, why is there only one wire? Shouldn't there be two?!?!

Then remembered the chassis is the neutral! One thing that made life easier when connecting it to the lighter socket plug is I could use the neutral for that instead of having to find a chassis point to connect it to. I would have had to solder an extension wire on otherwise as the leads were stupidly short!

It still freaks me out a little that the car body is part of a live circuit!!

On 30/06/2015 at 9:56 AM, MEP's Yaris GS said:

I personally use both a trancend drive pro 200 and also one of these which I swear by http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-1080P-In-Car-Vehicle-Dual-Lens-Dashboard-Camera-Video-Recorder-DVR-CAM-/351035675883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51bb5b54eb

The latter is fitted in all 5 cars in the house hold and very good for front and rear footage capture, as shown in a rear ender I had in 2013.

Regarding wiring in the Yaris, I've recently used http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-24V-to-5V-Car-DVR-Exclusive-Power-Box-DC-Power-Cable-for-Car-Dash-Cam-/231322006980?hash=item35dbddb5c4 piggy backed into the fuse for the rear wiper on our 2014 trend (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Add-A-Circuit-Car-Auto-Piggy-Back-Mini-APS-ATT-Blade-Fuse-Tap-Holder-12V-24V-/321778279799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aeb7ae577) as a way to have ignition switched feed and keep the aux power port free for other things - also hides all the wiring out of the way :)

Why did you stop?

I understand there was an ambulance approaching, but why not slow down and allow the ambulance to pass? You could have slowed, but not stopped.

Mick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

One thing that made life easier when connecting it to the lighter socket plug is I could use the neutral for that instead of having to find a chassis point to connect it to.

Good thinking that man.:smile:

At the risk of sounding pedantic, the chassis shouldn't really be referred to as "neutral" since we are not dealing with an AC system in cars. It is DC "negative" chassis really.... 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links