Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mirrorlink 1.0 To 1.1 Upgrade

mfraile

Hello People,

I am new member and perhaps you can help me. I am trying to connect by USB cable my Samsung S4 with lollipop wit my x-touch system (version audio: 0810 and Operating system: 0621) but it's impossible... After several hours surfing on internet I found the issue: my x-touch system uses mirrorlink 1.0 and lollipop uses mirrorlink 1.1 (the same happens with iPhone 6 and in some cases iPhone 5)... At some moment, pioneer or Toyota will upgrade the x-touch firmare... I HOPE SO!

If somebody get some news about it... Please reply to this post... I would really appreciate your help!!!

PS: I know you can use drive link with Samsung S3 (mirrorlink 1.0) and some modifications of this app in Samsung S4... the problem is doesn't work with lollipop (Android 5.x)

Thanks all for your support!!!

At present Toyota will not allow an update to mirrorlink 1.1 as version 1.1 allows access to apps and functions considered as distracting/dangerous whilst driving ( such a typing or video playback whilst in motion ) version 1.0 does not and as Mirrorlink will not allow the blocking of these functions in version 1.1 Toyota will not update.

Unfortunately app developers want additional functionality and Toyota needs to ensure people are safe whilst driving, Mirrorlink have chosen to give the app developers want they demand and not want Toyota want so it is unlikely ever to be corrected.

Pretty useless feature to advertise with its very limited support.

Hi Cougar,

Great news! where we can get it?

Kind regards,

Marlon

Speak to you dealer and they should be able to down load it for you

My Aygo is due its first service this month, so I'll ask my dealer about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there no way to download and install it yourself?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I popped in to my dealer a few weeks back to enquire about this and typically I was the first person (Telford can be a very boring place!) who had asked about it, and although the guy on Service was happy to help and took my car reg details and contact number to then find out if the tech guys could have a look for an update, I've heard nothing since.

I guess it may be a case that not all dealers have it available yet, although as per Devon Aygo and Cougar's posts there seems to be conflicting information as to whether there is an update or not (would like to stress the point that this may be down to my above point of not all dealers having the update yet!)

Cougar did your dealer just book your Aygo in to then have it updated or did they download it and then advise how to do it?

Kind regards

Tom

Take it to the dealer who can get in touch with the technical department who can download it. I think 1.1 will only work for certain phones so may not help you thats why I think its not on general release but you can have it if you want it .

• Like 1

Will do thanks buddy! Isn't a huge deal if my phone ends up still not working with it given that I currently can't even use it as a USB device as my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini just automatically switches to Mirrorlink mode as it sees a Mirrorlink device (albeit the wrong version!) on the other end, and I can't disable this function on the phone, so either way it's worth a try and won't have lost anything and the bluetooth for the calls all works fine.

Marlon did you have any joy with yours and your S4 in the end?

My Aygo had its first service nearly two weeks ago and they knew nothing about this update.

Yeah I again went over to my dealer after work today and this time they actually had one of the tech guys (referred to as 'the oracle' by the guy on the front service desk so this gave me false hope!) have a look for me whilst I grabbed a coffee and all he came back with was a print off from the mirrorlink website showing the apps that could be downloaded to my phone which work with Mirrorlink 1.1 which I knew already (I politely didn't point this out!)

This again shows that it may well be that different dealers have different information or may have different access to certain systems which is making it very difficult to get any kind of definitive answer on this.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I again went over to my dealer after work today and this time they actually had one of the tech guys (referred to as 'the oracle' by the guy on the front service desk so this gave me false hope!) have a look for me whilst I grabbed a coffee and all he came back with was a print off from the mirrorlink website showing the apps that could be downloaded to my phone which work with Mirrorlink 1.1 which I knew already (I politely didn't point this out!)

This again shows that it may well be that different dealers have different information or may have different access to certain systems which is making it very difficult to get any kind of definitive answer on this.

The sales team at the dealership told me that none of them could figure it out either - I'm not too fussed anyway - music and album artwork appears from my iPhone 6 and anytime that I need maps I just use google for turn by turn. The apps list is terrible anyway

Hi, I was under the impression that I could display the image on my iPhone 6 on the touch screen. Is that not the case then and if not will it ever happen?

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken my Aygo to two separate Toyota dealers to enquire why my Samsung Note 4 will not mirrorolink. The first one took my details and said he would get back to me. He didn't, nor did he respond to my emails. I took it into another dealer a couple of weeks ago who cheerfully told me that he didn't know anything about Mirrorlink.

The lack of response and after care service is somewhat lacking. I have now tried e-mailing the dealers where I originally bought my care to see if they could shed any help. That dealer is now a few hundred miles away from where I live so it's not just a matter of popping in.

I hope that somehow this gets resolved.

I seem to get the same response from Toyota HQ. They didn't even know what mirror link was...... Anyone else had any luck?

• 10 months later...

Has any progress been made over the last year?

I'm looking at buying a new Aygo x-cite and dont really want to Shell out for the x-Nav and would rather use my iPhone 5s or Nexus 5.

Also do I need a special cable for my android phone, or will any usb lead do?

Thanks 

afaik Toyota are not going to support 1.1 as it allows for access/features during driving that they do not want.

However,if the  (Pioneer?) head unit is shared with the Citroen/Pug & they support it perhaps you could flash their firmware?

• 7 months later...

Hello people,

Has anyone tried the Peugeot 108 French update for Mirrorlink 1.1 on Aygo? If anyone wants to try here is the link to download the update:

https://mypeugeot-fr.peugeot.com/resources/content/mirror-screen/upgrade/1.1/13TPDAEU-EA01_0001.kwi

and french update user guide:

https://mypeugeot-fr.peugeot.com/resources/content/mirror-screen/pdf/Guide_Utilisation.pdf

Saudações,
Clovis

Thanks for posting this.  I have tried it but there is no update for the Aygo.

When I took my car in for a service last August I enquired again about Mirrorlink but was advised that I would need a new car.  

There's a comment above which states that Toyota will not offer the 1.1 update and that appears to be the case.

Waste of a feature by Toyota. They may as well have not bothered with it in the first place.

• Like 1

I understand that Toyota will not provide update for Mirrolink 1.1. So I posted the links above to see if anyone tried Peugeot 108 update because in theory the X-Touch system is the same in Aygo and Peugeot 108.

• Like 1

OK I too bought into the bull leavings about Mirrorlink.  We to have a Xcite2

Some facts.

Mirrorlink1 can be found on some old phones (circa 2012) eg SG Note 2 but if you have updated your OS then forget about it. 

More modern phones such as the OP's  Note 4 (I had one superb bit of kit) have Mirrorlink2 already built into the OS.

I posted about this in Dec 15

Hi Guys,

OK done some reading on this. Basically the Mirrorlink App does not work with phones post 2012. And the Drivelink App does not appear to have been updated since Feb 13.

One of the phone's it claims to work with is the Sammy Galaxy Note2. As it happens my wife has the Note2.

So I downloaded the Mirrorlink app onto my wife's phone...and nothing. I can't get it to work.

As far as I can tell even if you have one of the vanishly small list of compatible phones...your chances of getting this to work are about the same as you hopping on water. There' was this one dude about two thousand years ago but that's about all (Christmas Ref...eh?).

Compatible phones.

iPhone 4/4S

Samsung Galaxy 3

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Nokia X700

Nokia N9

and that gents is it.

Great idea - woeful reality.

The P108 / C1 forums are full of the disgruntled about this issue.

Unquote

Now to cases. The OP wants to use his phone as a SatNav and not buy the Toyota offering and at 400quid and not being that great, I agree with his logic.

Good news- It is possible.

I got it to work with my Sammy S7 Edge (so up to date phone).  Simply download the free Sygic Navigation App from Playstore.  It's very basic navigation but it works OK.  Then follow the manual.

That's the only Mirrorlink compatible App I have been able to get to work with my Aygo.

Bad news is that I also have a ipod classic (200GB of country music yep) using the single USB socket. So when I need to navigate the ipod has to be disconnected and the phone plugged into the USB.

That or buy on eBay a cheap second hand Garmin Nuvi and keep it in the boot for when you need it.  Just sold mine!

What Toyota need to do is dump the unsupported out of date Mirrorlink and embrace Android Auto or Apple Car Whatsitsface, and stop mentioning it in their sales blurb. 

Hope that helps you out peeps.