Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mirrorlink 1.0 To 1.1 Upgrade

mfraile

On 3/30/2017 at 12:19 PM, CYK_BR said:

I understand that Toyota will not provide update for Mirrolink 1.1. So I posted the links above to see if anyone tried Peugeot 108 update because in theory the X-Touch system is the same in Aygo and Peugeot 108.

I have a Samsung Note 4, which I bought specifically for the Mirrorlink availability.  I have searched my phone and it does have Mirrorlink 1.1 on it.  Heartened by this find I tried to get it to talk to my Aygo XCite.  Unfortunately the ability to upgrade has been disabled.  I just got the familiar black screen once my car acknowledged that it had connected to my phone.  I really want to be able to Mirrorlink so I can use google maps.  

That black screen you mention. That's you being connected. It's working.

Thing is it only displays mirrorlink compatible apps. And I bet you don't have any. I didn't and so it displayed the black blank screen.

Try downloading Sygic..it's free. Then retry connecting and your black screen will have one single app on it.

Follow?

You won't ever be able to mirrorlink Google maps. Sorry.

Checking the X-Touch version of my Aygo I noticed that it already has the "820" version. Soon it already has Mirrorlink 1.1 and Apple CarPlay. But I still can not connect my iPhone 5.

28 minutes ago, CYK_BR said:

Checking the X-Touch version of my Aygo I noticed that it already has the "820" version. Soon it already has Mirrorlink 1.1 and Apple CarPlay. But I still can not connect my iPhone 5.

iPhones require a specific accessory lead to work with the mirror link, android phones can use their standard USB leads 

3 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

iPhones require a specific accessory lead to work with the mirror link, android phones can use their standard USB leads 

Devon Aygo,

Thanks for your feedback and information about iPhone.

Does anyone know if the Pioneer cable model CD-IU52 for iPhones works on the X-Touch?

I find the Mirrorlink one of the most disappointing parts of the Aygo. Its bordering on false advertising. I was expecting Google Maps sat nav on my Touch Screen. I can only think Toyota want to sell there over priced sat nav rather than let people use their phones. 

Just now, Martin1973 said:

I find the Mirrorlink one of the most disappointing parts of the Aygo. Its bordering on false advertising. I was expecting Google Maps sat nav on my Touch Screen. I can only think Toyota want to sell there over priced sat nav rather than let people use their phones. 

You can't get Google Maps via Mirrorlink because Google won't do an app for it as they want people to use Android Auto.

4 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

You can't get Google Maps via Mirrorlink because Google won't do an app for it as they want people to use Android Auto.

I came across this link in a different forum.  It tells you how to update the Mirrorlink.  I haven't been able to try it yet as I don't have Windows.

http://stream.toyota-motor-europe.com/aftersales/NAVI/MM/Aygo/XTOUCH+RC1+software+update.zip

When I had a earlier Samsung phone I was able to Mirrorlink Google Maps.  It got me all the way from  Berwick to Valencia. 

51 minutes ago, Zambiann said:

When I had a earlier Samsung phone I was able to Mirrorlink Google Maps.  It got me all the way from  Berwick to Valencia. 

Are you sure that it was Google Maps & not something like Sygic? afaik you need an enabled app. & Google don't do one for Maps because they want to promote Android Auto..

The earlier Samsung phones had Drive Link for Mirrorlink but iirc that doesn't work on later updates.

2 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

I came across this link in a different forum.  It tells you how to update the Mirrorlink.  I haven't been able to try it yet as I don't have Windows.

http://stream.toyota-motor-europe.com/aftersales/NAVI/MM/Aygo/XTOUCH+RC1+software+update.zip

It was definitely Google maps.  I use ot all the time but not by mirrorlink.

1 hour ago, Zambiann said:

It was definitely Google maps.  I use ot all the time but not by mirrorlink.

OK, it probably worked then because you used Drive Link on the phone. Samsung doesn't support that on later updates/phones.

Google don't do a Mirrorlink enabled app for Maps.

1 hour ago, Zambiann said:

also see

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just picked up my 2017 Aygo and am trying to get my iPhone 6/SE mirroring Google maps on the screen.

I've got the screen mirroring working successfully but as soon as i take the handbrake off it kills the screen mirroring.

Does anyone know how I can fix this without removing the headunit and permanently grounding the handbrake wire?

I heard there is a newer verion of the headunit software available from the dealership but id assume i already have this being a 2017 car? Whats the latest version available?

Just to make things clear: Mirrorlink officially supports only the use of Mirrorlink-certified apps so do not expect the head unit to project e.g. Google Maps out of the box. What you describe in most cases is out of the specifications of the protocol.

I have an AYGO X-Play Touch (2016 model) and have managed to successfully connect my Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) (running Android v6.0.1 "Marshmallow") with the head unit, following the instructions shown in this YouTube video. Now I can actually mirror-screen my phone on the Aygo's head unit, so anything can be viewed on the car's 7-inch display (e.g. the Here Maps that I use).

Just keep in mind the following points:

1. This workflow seems to be working only with Samsung smartphones, and apparently only those supporting the Mirrorlink functionality.
  2. Before you follow the steps mentioned in the video, you need to pair your smartphone with the head unit via bluetooth and confirm that this is a secure connection (trusted, or something like that). This is not mentioned in the video, but my smartphone would not successfully connect otherwise.
  3. bluetooth needs to be on (smartphone) before you plug the smartphone to the head unit

I hope that this help at least some of you.

WP_20170323_08_26_21_Pro.jpg

Thanks Pytheas

I have bluetooth disabled on my iPhone SE so this could be related. I'll try this when I get home tonight and also try updating my headunit software if its version is out of date.

Unfortunately I'm afraid that with iPhone other than 4 it will not succeed. And anyway, you need to use a special cable 
Can you read SMS from Iphone5 on the multimedia screen?

4 minutes ago, adalb1 said:

Unfortunately I'm afraid that with Iphone other than 4 it will not succeed. And anyway, you need to use a special cable

Sorry but you're wrong I'm afraid. I have it working :) On my iPhone SE and my Girlfriends iPhone 6

No i made the cable myself. You need to convert lightning to HDMI video output, to analogue and then finally down to a 3.5mm A/V jack.

The only problem i have is that it doesnt fill the screen completely. Theres is a black border that i need to figure out how to remove. But otherwise i get Google Maps on the screen fine and the navigation voice coming out the cars Speakers.

Can you upload a photo like this? HDMI or USB?

Its both USB and HDMI. Once ive perfected the cable design i'll perhaps make a batch.

On 3/30/2017 at 0:06 AM, CYK_BR said:

Has anyone tried the Peugeot 108 French update for Mirrorlink 1.1 on Aygo? If anyone wants to try here is the link to download the update:

https://mypeugeot-fr.peugeot.com/resources/content/mirror-screen/upgrade/1.1/13TPDAEU-EA01_0001.kwi

and french update user guide:

https://mypeugeot-fr.peugeot.com/resources/content/mirror-screen/pdf/Guide_Utilisation.pdf

I would try this, but I have no idea if it will set my x-touch to French, so the risk it too great without being able to rollback.

13 hours ago, Leeky said:

Once ive perfected the cable design i'll make a batch and then start selling them to others who are interested in using their modern iphone 5+ to mirror on their Aygo Screen. It wont be cheap though unfortunately. I'll probably need to sell them for as much as £99 a cable.

Bear in mind the For Sale rules of Toyota Owners Club -

A summary of the rules

• Only private sales from members selling used parts (parts from their garage)
  • New parts can also be sold but must not sell more than one (unless a set). So for example if you have a set of new Wiper Blades for sale that do not fit your car then you can sell them here. If you have bought a consignment of cheap car horns from China in the hope to sell them here will not be allowed and will be removed. (this would be classed as commercial)
  • Cars can be added for sale until we release a new version of the classifieds in the future.
  • No Commercial Sales in this section. Traders contact steve@toyotaownersclub.com
  • The part must be fully described properly along with a photo if possible.
  • Buyers will buy at their own risk. The club takes no responsability in the transaction. We suggest paying via PayPal for your own protection.
  • Sellers sell at their own risk. Precautions should taken by the seller to ensure that you get your payment via a proper payment gateway and that you are posting your items to a genuine buyer. Postage precautions should also be considered.
  • The buy and sell section of the club is merely a platform for members to trade on and therefore the club and it's club staff will not be responsible for any wrong product description information posted or fraudulent sellers and buyers and that by trading on the club you do so entirely at your own risk.
  • Abuse of the buyers and sellers section will result in access to this section being revoked. We hope you appreciate that this relaxtion of the rules is not abused and ruined for the enjoyment of everyone else.
  • When you item is sold please mark the Item SOLD in your post.
  • We also appreciate that members can look after each other, so if you suspect something dodgy going on that you will advise a fellow member.