Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mirrorlink 1.0 To 1.1 Upgrade

mfraile

lol Mate, you're preaching to the converted here.

I joined in 2003. I was previously a Gold Member and a Moderator on the forum back when it was a baby.

Im aware of the rules. And to be clear, I wasnt offering anything for sale on here to anyone.

I've gone back and edited my earlier post to make this clearer.

17 hours ago, Leeky said:

The only problem i have is that it doesn't fill the screen completely. There's is a black border that i need to figure out how to remove.

There is an option in the menu of the head unit (hard to recall now - it must be in the settings if I recall well) that allows users to select between two different display modes for Mirrorlink. One of them gave me these black borders, which I got rid of through the other menu option.

30 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

There is an option in the menu of the head unit (hard to recall now - it must be in the settings if I recall well) that allows users to select between two different display modes for Mirrorlink. One of them gave me these black borders, which I got rid of through the other menu option.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip!

How can you control the device through the screen if part of the signal is analogue? 

36 minutes ago, Martin1973 said:

How can you control the device through the screen if part of the signal is analogue? 

Because its also connected via USB. The picture itself goes in through the A/V in. Thats how they've designed it to work with IOS for some reason. Shame it doesnt all just go through USB like Android.

The off the shelf cables are based on the older iPhone connector. You have to jump through many hoops to get it working with the newer iPhone 5+ lightning connector.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/04/2017 at 0:31 PM, Pytheas said:

Just to make things clear: Mirrorlink officially supports only the use of Mirrorlink-certified apps so do not expect the head unit to project e.g. Google Maps out of the box. What you describe in most cases is out of the specifications of the protocol.

I have an AYGO X-Play Touch (2016 model) and have managed to successfully connect my Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) (running Android v6.0.1 "Marshmallow") with the head unit, following the instructions shown in this YouTube video. Now I can actually mirror-screen my phone on the Aygo's head unit, so anything can be viewed on the car's 7-inch display (e.g. the Here Maps that I use).

Just keep in mind the following points:

1. This workflow seems to be working only with Samsung smartphones, and apparently only those supporting the Mirrorlink functionality.
  2. Before you follow the steps mentioned in the video, you need to pair your smartphone with the head unit via bluetooth and confirm that this is a secure connection (trusted, or something like that). This is not mentioned in the video, but my smartphone would not successfully connect otherwise.
  3. Bluetooth needs to be on (smartphone) before you plug the smartphone to the head unit

I hope that this help at least some of you.

WP_20170323_08_26_21_Pro.jpg

I also own a Toyota Aygo X-Play and a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) and this actually works to mirror the smartphone screen, but when I try to open an application that is not compatible with the mirrorlink, the head unit screen turns black with the following message: "loading application", and do not open the application.

8 hours ago, CYK_BR said:

I also own a Toyota Aygo X-Play and a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) and this actually works to mirror the smartphone screen, but when I try to open an application that is not compatible with the mirrorlink, the head unit screen turns black with the following message: "loading application", and do not open the application.

I had the same issue before realizing that I need to turn bluetooth on and establishing a connection between the smartphone and the head unit before plugging the smartphone to the head unit via USB. I admit that sometimes I still get a black screen, too, but I just need to press the Application button (bottom row of the icon ribbon, on the right of the phone icon) a couple of times and try to re-establish the connection. Most of the times I manage to browse through my phone's apps (e.g. previewing images, open apps) without a glitch.

1 hour ago, Pytheas said:

I had the same issue before realizing that I need to turn bluetooth on and establishing a connection between the smartphone and the head unit before plugging the smartphone to the head unit via USB. I admit that sometimes I still get a black screen, too, but I just need to press the Application button (bottom row of the icon ribbon, on the right of the phone icon) a couple of times and try to re-establish the connection. Most of the times I manage to browse through my phone's apps (e.g. previewing images, open apps) without a glitch.

Ok.. I'll try this. Thanks!

Does your head unit have version 820 or 840? Mine is 820.

Per this thread: Aygo X-Nav / X-Touch Manual

Does anybody know if the official update file (XTOUCH RC1 software update.exe) in the ZIP the Aygo x-nav PDF manual links to is compatible with x-touch without satnav or is it only for satnav uints?

When you download the ZIP, it includes a PDF of update instructions and when I perform the steps to check my current software version via the Service Menu, my version matches the one it says this update is for.

SysComMain 705 - the PDF applicable version and my car's current version
SoC A/M/H 0705 - the PDF applicable version and my car's current version

Does this mean I can use this official update to update my x-touch without satnav software?

6 hours ago, MarkyPancake said:

Per this thread: Aygo X-Nav / X-Touch Manual

Does anybody know if the official update file (XTOUCH RC1 software update.exe) in the ZIP the Aygo x-nav PDF manual links to is compatible with x-touch without satnav or is it only for satnav uints?

When you download the ZIP, it includes a PDF of update instructions and when I perform the steps to check my current software version via the Service Menu, my version matches the one it says this update is for.

SysComMain 705 - the PDF applicable version and my car's current version
SoC A/M/H 0705 - the PDF applicable version and my car's current version

Does this mean I can use this official update to update my x-touch without satnav software?

See attachment for updating, sat nav installation has no bearing on the head unit software updates

Aygo_2_Mirrorlink.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

See attachment for updating, sat nav installation has no bearing on the head unit software updates

Aygo_2_Mirrorlink.pdf

Hey There, Im trying to upgrade my 2015 aygo x-pression from 810 but when im clicking on the links in the pdf im getting "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." have you got a updated link? cheers

59 minutes ago, 123stej said:

Hey There, Im trying to upgrade my 2015 aygo x-pression from 810 but when im clicking on the links in the pdf im getting "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." have you got a updated link? cheers

Download the file and open, double click on the .exe file and run the extraction ( don't use windows to extract ) extract to the root of empty USB, do not alter the file. Use the PDF to complete the update on your head unit 

13TPDAEU-EA01_0003.zip

• Like 3

On 5/2/2017 at 1:45 PM, CYK_BR said:

Ok.. I'll try this. Thanks!

Does your head unit have version 820 or 840? Mine is 820.

Mine is 0830, if I check the correct number on the info tab. I wouldn't want to update mine (despite me being an upgrade freak), as I am not sure if I can downgrade in case something goes wrong (e.g. mirror screen stops working).

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Download the file and open, double click on the .exe file and run the extraction ( don't use windows to extract ) extract to the root of empty USB, do not alter the file. Use the PDF to complete the update on your head unit 

13TPDAEU-EA01_0003.zip

Is this the 0840 version - the latest one available?

5 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Mine is 0830, if I check the correct number on the info tab. I wouldn't want to update mine (despite me being an upgrade freak), as I am not sure if I can downgrade in case something goes wrong (e.g. mirror screen stops working).

Is this the 0840 version - the latest one available?

Yes

16 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

[...] double click on the .exe file and run the extraction ( don't use windows to extract ) [...]

13TPDAEU-EA01_0003.zip

Devon Aygo I do not understand when you say "don't use windows to extract". Why can not I run ".exe" on Windows 7?

23 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Aygo_2_Mirrorlink.pdf

Thanks! I went from version 0705 to 0810 to 0820 today.

20 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Is this ZIP the 0840 version software?

If 13TPDAEU-EA01_0001 is 0820 and 13TPDAEU-EA01_0003 is 0840, is there a 13TPDAEU-EA01_0002 (I assume this is 0830) version available, or can you safely go from 0820 to 0840?

4 hours ago, CYK_BR said:

Devon Aygo I do not understand when you say "don't use windows to extract". Why can not I run ".exe" on Windows 7?

When you download windows explorer gives you the option to extract, don't use it the file is self extracting click on the file and a window will open launching its own extraction, if you use explorer the file will corrupt and not be recognised by the head unit.

15 minutes ago, MarkyPancake said:

Thanks! I went from version 0705 to 0810 to 0820 today.

Is this ZIP the 0840 version software?

If 13TPDAEU-EA01_0001 is 0820 and 13TPDAEU-EA01_0003 is 0840, is there a 13TPDAEU-EA01_0002 (I assume this is 0830) version available, or can you safely go from 0820 to 0840?

The jump from 0705 to 0810 was vital but after that you can jump versions 0830 was only for the Danish market so 0820 to 0840 is fine

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The jump from 0705 to 0810 was vital but after that you can jump versions 0830 was only for the Danish market so 0820 to 0840 is fine

Thanks! I'll take it up to 0840 over the weekend.

For what it's worth, on 0820 my Nexus 5 with stock Android 6.0.1 still doesn't connect to MirrorLink.

17 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Sounds like you have some information about the different versions (even though my Greek Aygo 2016 came with 0830, too, like the Danish ones).

Do you happen to know anything about the differences between the different versions (like a changelog) e.g. between 0820, 0830 and 0840? I am tempted to update my 0830 to 0840 but I'd like to know what to expect as a gain.

19 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

[...] so 0820 to 0840 is fine

1 hour ago, Pytheas said:

[...] update my 0830 to 0840 but I'd like to know what to expect as a gain.

Devon Aygo thanks for the info. I would also like to know what the gain I will get when upgrading my version 820 to 840. Could you tell me the difference between 820 and 840 versions?

In Poland there is 0840

6 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Sounds like you have some information about the different versions (even though my Greek Aygo 2016 came with 0830, too, like the Danish ones).

Do you happen to know anything about the differences between the different versions (like a changelog) e.g. between 0820, 0830 and 0840? I am tempted to update my 0830 to 0840 but I'd like to know what to expect as a gain.

Cars leaving the factory would have had 0830 installed however as it only had fixes for the Danish market over 0820 it was not offered as an update outside Denmark. 

With X-Touch software release version 0705 and solved in version 0810 (RC1)

 iPhone5 connection enabled for Advanced App Mode. (L-VGA adaptor for iPhone5 connection)

 Various disclaimer and translation changes.

 Improved speed of drawing the MirrorLink screen. (Logic of drawing the screen is changed.)

 Insufficient memory area where SCid information is stored. (DAB Service Component Identification)

 When registering, editing or deleting favourites during telephone book transfer, favourites list is not updated.

 When selecting IGNORE from the pop-up shown in the SMS-text display screen when receiving a new message, there is no return possible to the original screen.

 The maximum fuel cost display might flicker for a moment during instant fuel consumption indication.

 Possibly overlapping diagnostic codes are recorded in freeze frame data during ACC OFF > ON cycle.

With X-Touch software version 0810 and solved in version 0820 (RC2)

 Pink screen when using Samsung Galaxy S3 in MirrorLink.

 Changes to Toyota Display Audio-unit device information.

With X-Touch software version 0820 and solved in version 0830 (RC3)

 Display restarts after tuning-in to DAB specific service.

 Toyota product number may not be displayed correctly.

With X-Touch software version 0830 and solved in version 0840 (RC4)

 The message “Loading messagelist. Please wait…” remains displayed after replying using Quick Message. (Only with Android 4.4 equipped mobile phones)

 DAB sound quality deteriorates during high frequency sound playback. (unsupported CODEC)

 The Toyota product number disappears occasionally.

 MirrorLink low interrupt audio level.

 MirrorLink wording changes

 PS data or RadioText information not displayed correctly for special local characters. (e.g. Danish character “æ”, etc.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CYK_BR said:

Devon Aygo thanks for the info. I would also like to know what the gain I will get when upgrading my version 820 to 840. Could you tell me the difference between 820 and 840 versions?

With X-Touch software version 0820 and solved in version 0830 (RC3)

 Display restarts after tuning-in to DAB specific service.

 Toyota product number may not be displayed correctly.

With X-Touch software version 0830 and solved in version 0840 (RC4)

 The message “Loading messagelist. Please wait…” remains displayed after replying using Quick Message. (Only with Android 4.4 equipped mobile phones)

 DAB sound quality deteriorates during high frequency sound playback. (unsupported CODEC)

 The Toyota product number disappears occasionally.

 MirrorLink low interrupt audio level.

 MirrorLink wording changes

 PS data or RadioText information not displayed correctly for special local characters. (e.g. Danish character “æ”, etc.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarkyPancake said:

Thanks! I'll take it up to 0840 over the weekend.

For what it's worth, on 0820 my Nexus 5 with stock Android 6.0.1 still doesn't connect to MirrorLink.

It should work

Make sure you have Mirrorlink compatible apps on your phone, see: http://www.mirrorlink.com/apps

Ensure your phoned paired with the X-Touch screen via bluetooth

Connect your phone via USB to the car then on the phone press:

Settings > Connections > More connection settings > Mirrorlink > slide tab to on ( only works when connected to car, you should also see a list of compatible apps installed here).

Your phone should got blank then display a "connected symbol" on the car select the  "link" symbol and you should see the Apps from the phone on the cars Screen.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links