Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 2004 (lhd) - Fuel Gauge And Odometer Lights On Dashboard Stopped

Catanha

Hello guys! :) I need some help, please.Few days ago i started a car and noticed that the fuel level indicator and odometer light don't work.Later that day lights came back, but in the evening, when I turned the key on, they stopped working again.Speedometer and other light indicators are working normally.Connectors, bulb(s) or something else...Yaris 1.3 16v, 2004 (LHD).Thank you in advance!

Sorry for my bad english...Greetings from Serbia! ;)

post-118313-0-14038700-1435684802_thumb.

Welcome.

Looks like an earthing issue...trying to follow the Haynes wiring diagram (or a corroded connection)

You really need a test of the resistance of the circuits to earth...

• 5 years later...

The OP hasn't been online for 5 years !

I doubt you'll get an answer.

I assume you have checked the fuses and plugs to the cluster

It's A VFD display it's possible the caps have failed, replace the cluster unless you can repair it - Warning the VFD uses high voltage

Another common issue is the ribbon cable tend to go bad with age

1802551615_mk1yarisvfd(2).thumb.jpg.02473d48b04dc07e0a0beb749024c640.jpg

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Malik Mohammed said:

Please I have the same problem my yaris 2005

You can get used ones from eBay from £30. Just Google buy yaris cluster. Probably be some yt video on how to do it or just tell a local garage to install it, some order their own parts, and some will allow you to buy the part. So just ring a few garages within a 3 mile radius. 

Looks quite easy to do. Take it out and have a look, then make sure it is similar to the eBay one. You may need some trimming tool to take it out:

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2015 at 8:21 PM, Catanha said:

Hello guys! 🙂 I need some help, please.Few days ago i started a car and noticed that the fuel level indicator and odometer light don't work.Later that day lights came back, but in the evening, when I turned the key on, they stopped working again.Speedometer and other light indicators are working normally.Connectors, bulb(s) or something else...Yaris 1.3 16v, 2004 (LHD).Thank you in advance!

post-118313-0-14038700-1435684802_thumb.