Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Possibly Orange Liquid Leaking From My Car?

elCommando

Hi

The other day as I was going to my car, I noticed that there was orange stuff on the break discs.

At first i thought that it was dirt because I park my car on the main road and when it rains my car gets really dirty

However after checking all 4 wheels I could see that it was on all 4 breaks discs! even the ones that were not facing the main road.

I should have taken a picture, silly of me i know, but i did touch it and it didnt quite feel like oil but it could have been liquid of some sort?

Does anyone know what it could be? I am thinking that something has broken and released liquid all over the disc breaks?

Is that even possible? I'd be grateful if you could give me some advice on this.

Thanks a bunch,

Brake fluid seems to be the obvious answer.

Do not drive the car until you find out it is NOT brake fluid.

Check the brake fluid reservoir to see if the level has dropped.

Very, very peculiar if all four wheels are showing the same problems but would get someone to have a look.

Do you have AA/RAC membership? If so call them up and get them out to look at the car and they should be able to tell you what it is.

• Like 1

Think you might be seeing copper grease like in this photo ?

If you have had the car /brakes serviced recently they will have used copper grease, in which case it should be ok provided its not gone onto the pads or discs contact surfaces.

Some mechanics can be quiet liberal with it so it become more obvious when looking at though the wheels.

Another area that can leak out excess grease is around the slider bolt as the arrow point to in the second picture.

If its non of the above then do post a picture of your 'leak'

post-95973-0-10191600-1436002008_thumb.j

post-95973-0-64751500-1436004112_thumb.j

• Like 1

its cleared up as I drove the car and when i checked later it was all gone, I should have taken a picture straight away.

ill go out later and see if i can find any traces.

thanks for the reponses. ill keep u posted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links