Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Update An Old Version Of Touch And Go Software In Yaris?

AlanSch

Hi,

Just purchased a 3.5 year old Yaris that has Touch and Go software 1.6.61 installed. All the toolbox and eStore things seem to require a minimum software version of 1.7.2. How to proceed?

Thanks

Alan

Answering my own question ... here is what I had already done:

• looked at the system information screen in the car which showed software version 1.6.61
  • copied the touch & go device id onto a new FAT32 formatted USB stick in the car
  • downloaded the touch and go toolbox from http://cdns.distrib.naviextras.com/content/!application/Toyota/Toolbox/2013060604_3.7.2.5863_STRICT_toyota/Toyota_Touch_n_Go_Toolbox_Setup.exe and then accepted the update to the toolbox
  • inserted the usb stick to my computer which was recognised by the computer, but not by the touch & go toolbox.
  • only clue to the problem was the touch and go toolbox displayed (even before inserting the USB stick) the fact that a minimum software version of 1.7.2 was required in the car.

the following steps resolved the issue ... hopefully someone will be helped by this!

• Found on a link on http://www.vleeuwen.net/2012/04/toyota-touch-go to software version 1.7.4 http://distrib.naviextras.com/content/!application/Toyota/OS/EU_Low/2012_03_19/swdl.iso that still worked.
  • Downloaded the iso file.
  • Copied using windows explorer onto the root (top level) of the USB stick
  • Inserted the USB stick into the car, with the engine running
  • Said yes to the "do you want to update software from 1.6.61 to 1.7.4?" question
  • Waiting while the update completed.
  • If you get a second prompt saying "update from 1.7.4 to 1.7.4?" say NO!
  • Copied device ID onto the USB stick again
  • returned to the computer and inserted the USB stick, and deleted the ISO file to prevent repeated "do you want to upgrade?" questions
  • Started up touch & go toolbox which now recognises the USB stick!

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this post, may be old but it still worked brilliantly.  Now to save up for a map update, at over £100 it's not cheap but 5 year old mapping might be a problem.  Can't help think that if they reduced the price to £20 they may make far more money in the long term.  I generally use my phone these days but this is the wife's car,

1 hour ago, liamf12 said:

Can't help think that if they reduced the price to £20 they may make far more money in the long term.  

Toyota have to pay licencing fees plus they have to do some programming & testing themselves. These days their £99 for 3 years for T2 & G is certainly 1 of, if not the cheapest, manufacturer offers.

I suspect that an app via Android Auto/Apple CarPlay will win the war in the long run. :wink:

• 3 years later...

Is there a way for me to do this with a 2012 Avensis with Touch&Go version 1.7.1L? I am exhausted trying to update this car! xD

• 5 months later...

Hi. All the links are dead. I would like to update the Avensis thats running 1.6.6.1

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links