Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slowly Getting There!

stompe

Guesses, but pretty good ones I'd say. I think Toyota are trying to make their new cars fugly to match the Mirai - note gaping gill style at the front.

I hope it doesn't sweep down as much at the rear as those pictures indicate as the back seats will only be of use to children. I'm no longer in the taxi game, but you'll all have noticed how many companies use the Prius as a cab. One of the main reasons other than fabulous fuel economy is the massive rear leg and head room. If they lose that, they'll lose sales. Peugeot had the taxi market covered with their 406 and 407's, but totally ruined it with low rear doors and no head room.

Appreciate not everyone who buys a Prius is a taxi driver :) But if you've been to London, Barcelona, New York or San Francisco lately, you'll realise they make up a huge number of owners, and how many Prii have been sold on the back of them being reliable for taxi drivers, then they must be ok?

Or maybe it was deliberate by Toyota to avoid the bad rep?

The longer wheelbase will provide more interior room than the current model. Also the longer wheelbase (which will be longer than the Avensis), makes the Prius a more viable contender in the D market sector to sell alongside the Avensis as a hybrid option.

Will it?

I'd say the interior of the gen3 was equal or larger than the Avensis.

The longer wheelbase will provide more interior room than the current model. Also the longer wheelbase (which will be longer than the Avensis), makes the Prius a more viable contender in the D market sector to sell alongside the Avensis as a hybrid option.

Will it?

I'd say the interior of the gen3 was equal or larger than the Avensis.

The interior of the Gen 3 may be larger than the Avensis (it shares the same size wheelbase) - which may also be why sales are dropping as people already see the Prius as a D sector car, and that market sector has been shrinking for a while.

I am pleased it is reported that the Gen 4 is only SLIGHTLY longer. If I ever do decide to have one it will have to be able to fit in our garage. The price will have to be very competitive as well. I would also be wary of buying a Gen 4 as soon as it is released in case of any initial problems. I suspect we will get the American verdict on it prior to its release in UK.

This week's Auto Express article on the leaked photos notes the Honda Civic-style split rear window - looks nasty!!

JFFp4Ai.jpg