Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another New Owner

iQofaMouse

Hi Nicola. Im back. Due to a faulty Battery my computer wouldn't allow me to respond or receive your fuelly result. I have only just managed to sign back in. Sorry to hear about your friend. I see your getting almost 40, and am sure it will improve with use. I too am still missing my Yaris especially when I have to take an extra passenger. My Yaris was an ultra rare 5dr Tsport. something in me says why did I sell it especially when i'm reaching for 3rd gear on a slight hill which the yaris would easily tackle in top. Also I'm getting cronic back ache in the Iq , even with extra cushions. At least my running costs have dropped prob by a 1/4. Yaris 47.7mpg and £180 tax, Iq 56+, £30 tax servicing dearer though due to the difficulty of doing anything. (You wait until you have to have new plugs) I can do it myself now but its not a simple task. The Yaris was bad, but nothing like this. Such is progress. Anyway glad to be back. Cheers Colin.

I always just write the odometer reading on the receipt when I fill up.

It's got the litres, cost and everything there.

Just think that taking a photo is good, but just a bit too OTT?!?

But as for 401 miles !!!!!!!

Jeeeeesus, have you got bicycle wheels and stripped out ALL the weight from your IQ ??

I'm usually in the high 40's and very occasionally in the 50 mpg's.

I'm a regular 50-55 mph'er and heard from the Top Gear 'bible' that this is quite an optimal speed.

Anyway, still loving my beast after 5 years also, plan to paint my calipers at some point and upgrade to leather seats just to top it off....

These mods are never ending !!!!!!

See you all (most of) on the 22nd at the London to Brighton run.

Can't wait !!

Doing 401 was probably easy as I rarely go over 40mph on my route which is mainly 30/40 and I would usually switch the engine off at lights if I know I'm going to be there for awhile.

This weekend I was in the Lake District and this was the first proper run out for Einstein tackling the hills etc. Felt weird going up hill in 2nd gear or at some points in 1st when in other motors 3rd or 4th would do the job!

Einstein is in for bumper work this week as I misjudged the turning circle of the car in the first week and tapped a lamp post. 130 quid to fix and get a proper paint job as it seems its not the first time its had a paint job!

Sorry everyone, I can't seem to quote on here today. I have access to three computers but it will only let me do it on one. Unfortunately I am not at that one :dontgetit:

Oh bother, I really need to slow down don't I...?? Boo. It's difficult in part because I've never had a car as powerful(yes really!) as this super little box of fun...but that isn't really an excuse either!? However, no harm in doing the bank balance some good and therefore given Soeley's advice and the information provided by Darth IQ73, I shall endeavour. Well the CVT will probably never reach the dizzy heights of the manual anyway!

Hi Colin, good to have you back. Sorry to hear about the Battery, what a nuisance, my Dad has just experienced a similar problem actually. Thank you regarding my friend, life is going to be strange without him but he'll never be forgotten - not least because we quote him almost everyday! Your Yaris does sound special, I can understand how you still feel about it. I do miss mine; she wasn't special (except to me!) but for over 4 years she was a good runner and I couldn't have asked for any more from her. I'm sorry to hear about your back, that's really not good. Yes, I had the very same reduction in road tax, can't help but love that! Already not looking forward to new plugs then! Take care Colin...

Oh no! An iQ meet I didn't know about, and I can't make the 22nd... :crybaby: Well have a fantastic time all those who make it and please post lots of pictures of your lovely iQs!!

Nicola

• Like 1

Okay so I had a little improvement on the mpg this week with a Best Tank, see below, and have been slowing down a bit to now around the 50-55mph mark on the commute :clap:

Also given the Mouse a wash and brush up and took the opportunity to add a few mini 'mods' in the shape of some blue bolt dust caps and a couple of new stickers/decals. Was feeling rather pleased until some time later I noticed that the neighbour's BBQ has deposited ash all over her shiny exterior!! :angry:

Happy Weekend everyone!

Nicola

• Like 1

Nicola, how much did your MPG improve? Was it a worthwile amount?

It takes several refills to show an improvement at the bottom of your page. And at least it is an improvement, Shame about the BBQ though. Cheers Colin.

Hi Soeley, sorry for the late reply, busy week thus far! It went from 39.7 to 41.2; no not a great deal, but I only started dropping my speed a couple of days before I fuelled up. Hoping for better next time though as I have been sticking to the new speed range.

Had to use the air-con today on the way home to cool down rather than for just de-mist purposes, hope this hasn't affected things too much.

Regards,

Nicola

Hi Colin, thank you I will bear that in mind. Yes, I am pleased that at least it is going in the right direction! Thanks, the ash was soon washed away in the following days torrential rain, she shines once more!

Regards,

Nicola

Apologies for the lack of quoting, my laptop will not let me do it! :disgust:

Nicola