Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Alarm Issues

tirona

Hi all,

I have a 2013 avensis and it recently started giving me some problems with the alarm. the alarm goes off randomly when i lock the car, it happens regardless of time of day!

I have checked that all the doors/windows are closed and the red flashing light in the centre console flashes the same as before.

can anyone help with some possible diagnosis?

many thanks

Jason

Hi there, I had a similar issue with my 04 Avensis about 6 months ago. To cut a long story short, it turned out to be a small moth that had found its way into the car and when it was causing asbo noise pollution situations it was resting or living on or within the tiny gap between the windscreen and surrounding trim. I only found it because I leaned in towards the screen to wipe a small flek of dust/fluff. I thought it funny that it only ever happened when the front of the car was parked near a street light but not so much when the rear was closest. I hope this helps, just do a full sweep or vacuum of the tiniest crevices in the car.