Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner Of 2011 Iq In Europe

Phuncz

So last week I finally found the iQ I was looking for:

• 1.33 dual-VVT-i engine (with 6-speed manual)
  • highest Premium spec (with part-leather interior)
  • Sat-nav option
  • pearl-white paint
  • very good condition (preferably low mileage and age)
It seemed impossible because the 1.33 did not sell well in Belgium, but I ended up finding one that ticked ALL the boxes and also for a ridiculously good price. I also have an MR-2 Roadster (or MR-S Spyder) for the more fun drives.

yaI3bTA.jpgL2Opjdt.jpgVqTxH8l.jpgTov53tm.jpg

Now I'm looking to upgrade it a little, I have the factory spoiler and triangle exhaust finisher on order.

But I'm also looking to integrate my quality audio from my MR-2 into this car, as well as the homemade footwell lighting. I'm also looking into automated folding mirrors (only has a manual button) and maybe some leather over the center console.

Very nice.

Excellent choice of car might I add :)

Thx ! I wanted this car because it offers a decent amount of luxury unusual for it's class. And after placing my rear end in the driver's seat of this Tardis box on wheels, I was sold on it"s concept ! It's an amazing feat of engineering which I can appreciate.

• Like 2

Mmm Congrats. It appears that belgium spec is different to the UK. Our Iq3's came with folding 'chrome look' mirrors as standard. Looks to be a very nice car. Well done. Hope you enjoy. Cheers Colin

So the UK IQ³ spec has automatically folding mirrors when the car is locked ?

Our iQ's do come with electric folding mirrors but not automatic ones, You need to press the button to fold them which I think is the same as the one here.

Some people have come up with a circuit that folds them whenever the ignition is turned off and they extend again when you start the car.

Personally I have no problem with the button and prefer to fold them only when needed but there you go.

Our iQ 3's do have chrome mirrors though as you say, these look like white ones.

Craig.

I love the half leather seats though, never seen that in an iQ before, only cloth seats or full leather ones.

Craig.

The half-leather was an option in Germany as far as I can tell and standard on the Belgium's Premium-model.

I specifically wanted that one because it looks so much better. Also some extra leather here and there. The full-leather is something I rarely see on this side of the pond.

I can confirm what Craig says about iQ3 mirrors. I have no issue with the button operation, and I love the chrome look!

Phuncz, your car looks superb! I love the Pearl White but couldn't find one with the required spec at the time. Nothing wrong with Island Blue though!

Enjoy!

Thx, I like your blue one too ! There's also a bright orange color I would have been happy with :)

• 2 weeks later...

The first modifications have been fitted !

YcrNUf3.png

Roof spoiler and exhaust finisher.

It's about twice as fast now, I'd estimate :D

• Like 3

Our iQ 3's do have chrome mirrors though as you say, these look like white ones.

When I traded in my 2010 iQ3 last year, during a chat about them the dealer said they stopped doing the chrome mirrors on that model. I can't remember which year they said this happened though.

• 3 weeks later...

No pics because not much to show, but I've modified the 12V plug a little by removing the cap and fixing the iffy connection with my small USB charger. And I've prepared the installation of the car audio upgrade by installing a cable from the battery's positive terminal (with large fuse) to the interior, under the passenger seat where the amplifier will be installed.

What needs to be done:

- attach RCA plugs to Scosche cable

- remove headunit

- install 1 set of RCA cables from head unit location to amplifier

- install 4 sets of speaker cable to the 4 speaker locations

- install 6.5" and 1" two-way Speakers (front)

- buy 6,5" subwoofer Speakers

- install in the rear speaker locations

• Like 1

My iq3 has the sat nav option don't think i could live with the standard cd player and tiny display.