Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Nav/dvd Unit

Phil24RN

Hi,

Has anybody got any success stories for fitting a plug and play aftermarket sat nav/dvd head unit?? On a t27 estate. I'm doing some research and am just after some clear cut information. Also I want to keep steering wheel functions

Cheers

I am looking at connects2 at the moment. The year ranges are so vague though. I don't know if I trust it if you know what I mean. Mine is a t27 (09-) looking for a unit where I can use swc and its all plug and play.

Any suggestions for the unit itself?? Ideally dvd and sat nav and iPhone connectivity

I take it that your car was a TR & not a TR Nav? If so have you thought of getting a s/h oem unit from a breaker? A Garmin/Tomtom will have more up to date maps & more/cheaper updates too.

perhaps http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91245/pioneer-avic-f70dab

I forgot to say that some upgrade to better spec Toyota units, which should be straight swaps. Hopefully somebody who has done this can answer.

What is the current unit in your car?

Yeah I have the tourer estate with standard unit. Just want something a bit more modern than what's in there plus dvd for kids on long journeys