Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Landcruiser Invincible Air-con

stompe

Hiya Guys,

I have a 8 year old Landcruiser Invincible, just been to a main Dealer Lancasters Romford and been told that the pipes to my air-con pipes are corroded. Can be change at a cost of £900...... sorry just got up off the floor to retype This is me with the Service Manager :bangin:, the funny thing was they re-gassed my air-con on an interim service a week previous.

Seriously, has anybody else had the same problem with the pipes serving the compressor to their air-con?

Stompe

Hi Stompe,

I have not had this problem, plenty of other problems but not this one. Would suggest you get second opinion and second quote from a reputable local garage. £900 for pipe work has got to be excessive.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just had them changed. I got 10% off parts as they are special order only and 20% of labour. i paid around 825.

Another dealer told me that the leak is behind the dash and wanted £4000 for the fixing it. Clearly had no idea where the leak was.

After a chat with the dealer, he diagnosed it straight away without looking. They said that its a common issue, as the pipes are aluminium and fittings are steel. They rust over time. Design fault that Toyota will never admit to.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Stompe,

I had this same problem with my Invincible when the vehicle was just outside the 3 year warranty. I took the vehicle in when it was under warranty for regassing and my view is it should have been picked up then within the 3 years.

The toyota dealership put a claim in to Toyota as it was just outside the warranty. Toyota agreed to stand 80% of parts costs and the Toyota dealership (Vantage Toyota) agreed to stand 80% of labour costs. The job was done and my contribution was £396 including VAT.

Just hope the pipes don't fail again for some time.

Good Luck.