Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Build

Aidsy1

OK, so, I have decided that I am going to buy and fit a load of stuff as I get round to it. So far I have done:

LEDs in bumper

Lowered 30mm front and rear

LED tail lights

Sony xav-602bt stereo

Edge 12" sub fitted into spare wheel well

Vibe slick 4 channel 800 watt amp

Vibe slick 6" component Speakers in front

Vibe slick 6" coaxial Speakers in rear

Boost gauge

LED map lights

Blue LED puddle lights

6000K HID bulbs

LED sidelights

And my proposed changes will be:

Buying replacement front bumper from nicedeals.co.uk (on order)

Front mount intercooler

Buying replacement rear bumper from nicedeals.co.uk

Straight through exhaust

BC Racing coilovers

Changing intake

Vibe 12" subwoofer to replace edge one

6x9s in parcel shelf

Make gauge pod on top of where stereo is

carbon wrap silver trim inside

make front splitter

TRD Spoiler

Hydrodip engine bay

Find some skirts

Paint chrome inside headlight

Think that is it for the minute, will try to keep this thread updated as I get and do mods to the car. Hopefully will be worth of show at some point :P Any advice on these mods are welcome, and anything that other people can think of is welcome to contribute.

• Like 2

I bet your insurance company will love you :-))

They don't need to know all of it ;)

You will only get the market value of the car.

From my point of view, only the exhaust would the issue. The intercooler, air intake, and the suspension should be declared. The body kit too!

All the other things listed does not effect performance. So long as all the electrical items have been installed properly and cannot contribute to an electrical fire, there should be no problems. You car insurance may cover audio up to a certain sum.

If you car was involved in a collision where the other party was at fault, some insurance companies will try and use anything not to pay out, or little as possible!

• Like 1

Some insurance companies are little more than a bunch of scamsters. A few years ago they announced they were putting up premiums because of the increase in the amount of "crash for cash" scams. Remember, the insurance companies will not pay out unless there is a police accident report number for the claim. So an independent company went to the five main county police forces in England and asked for data about this. Only one force said they had any noticeable increase - and that was by about less than 5%.

• Like 2

I'm aware I'll only get the market value. I'm hoping that as I'm with Adrian flux. If I turn this car into a show car it'll be cheaper. It certainly got cheaper when I mention my other mods.

• Like 2

I'll be the first to admit I've never done any mods to my cars with resale value or to increase the worth of the car, that's by the by for me. It's always been about personalising it and for the simple pleasure of the mods themselves...... usually with performance mods I tend to use the extra go regularly so often wear and tear is increased also. It's definitely about the challenge and trying to do something different or unique for it's own sake....... will look forward to hearing more about the work you plan to do

• Like 1

I have never done that either. I do it for my own amusement and to create something that is personalised and different than what other people have. I'm not interested if other people don't like it, it's my mods my way and I like it. I don't plan on reselling this car, when I'm done it'll either stay as a show car (I love jap cars) or be a track car.

Thanks, I'll try to keep it updated.

• Like 1

Ok, so spent today plating with the exhaust. And have taken it off for the moment. When I can I'll be putting an exhaust on from cat back. But atvthe moment there is nothing. I'll put up a video when I get one. I love the sound it makes, even diesel should make that sound from factory

So you are going to replace the big sausage in the center and rear box aswell? You should really consider something quiet at the back to shut the car up if you want quality sound, not only loud sound.

Otherwise nice mods, looking forward to see how it goes. TRD spoiler is rare item so hope you'll find one. I would love to see some bucket seats on this one, maybe Recaros or something similiar :)

I'm thinking of finding a diverter valve of sorts, so that if I want it loud I can by simply flicking a switch.

If I'm honest all mods are rare in the UK for an Auris lol. When I can find some for a decent price tgat recline I may do that. But I have been on the track with stock seats. And they don't do a bad job of holding you in place.

• 3 weeks later...

So, went round rockingham national track at Japfest 2 and loved every second, although I may have pushed too hard on my last lap as I got massive brake fade so when my new bumpers arrive I will be making some brake ducts to help stop that. I have also put a towing eye on and have a tow strap ready. Will be putting pictures up as soon as the bumpers arrive and are fitted.

Got the bumpers through finally. Here they are. With the new stickers on the back of the car.

Opinions?

post-130876-0-90824700-1440625049_thumb.

post-130876-0-52587000-1440625058_thumb.

Not a fan of skirts but looks allright. Need to add some mesh and DRLs to the front I guess. Stickers are overkill, there is too many. IMHO less is more or if you put many of them they should be in the same place like this:

DSC01318.jpg

I would take that silver trim off the hatch door. Was not easy to get rid of mine as I wasn't sure about removing it but the car really looks much better now. Again, less is more.

• 2 months later...

Was working on the car today and have tried to match the colour of the bumpers as much as possible.

post-130876-0-14329100-1446839027_thumb.

post-130876-0-23525100-1446839040_thumb.

• Like 1

I like the look. These sort of mods are out of my league. Look forward to seeing the finished paint job in the daylight.....

To be honest, they are out of my league. A friend helps me with it :p

I do like the front.. Looks angry..... Lol

if you change the spare wheel sub, give me a shout i might be a buyer.

• 5 months later...

So. Update on what I have done. Other than bonnet spacers, Not much to be honest haven't had the money. Can't get the bumpers the right colour even after all this time. And have installed some footwell lights and got some pictures of my amp in the process.

Also got a video of my driving with my exhaust setup. Hopefully you can hear it over YouTube. I'll post it when it has finished processing

20160410_200329.jpg

20160410_184525.jpg

20160410_184519.jpg

20160410_180123.jpg

20160330_142931.jpg

20160330_142944.jpg

20160410_204546.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks pal (some guy did try to close it when I was stopped somewhere) haha

• 2 weeks later...

did you sub and amp the b9005 or have you got a different unit bud?