Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Build

Aidsy1

2 minutes ago, Aggo said:

did you sub and amp the b9005 or have you got a different unit bud?

i changed the unit and Speakers

And i put 2 kenwood underseat subwoofers and the bottom of this thread

looks ace mate, is it possible with the b9005 to sub and amp?

yes answering a PM, i did change to make subin' and amp easier. But it can be done from OEM headunit. You just have to use a sub with high level input. i.e. speaker inputs....

I put 2 of these in under both front seats

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-KSC-SW11-Underseat-Subwoofer-Radiator/dp/B00BO8O9XQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462640351&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=amazon+underseat+kenwood

I wouldn't know where to start but want to keep the 9005 even if it has a scratch on the face that bugs the hell outa me!

its something I want to do soon, very soon, where do you live ;) hahaha

1 minute ago, Aggo said:

I wouldn't know where to start but want to keep the 9005 even if it has a scratch on the face that bugs the hell outa me!

its something I want to do soon, very soon, where do you live ;) hahaha

put simply you take the speaker wires going to the door speaker and cut them. from there you run them to the input of the amp (High level input). Then the output wires from the amp go back to the speaker wires you've just cut.

But if you are considering that then you may wanna change your Speakers to match the amp. otherwise the amp would wreck the OEM door Speakers...

You do this for every speaker. So you see what i mean by more work....LOL

and a lot more money 4 new Speakers with 4 amps with 2 subs.....

well the speaker cost me £35 a pair. The subs were £100 each. but the amp you would only need 1.......that is able to run 4 Speakers.

Some amps can even run 4 Speakers and a subwoofer.

1 minute ago, wastedagen said:

well the speaker cost me £35 a pair. The subs were £100 each. but the amp you would only need 1.......that is able to run 4 speakers.

Some amps can even run 4 speakers and a subwoofer.

in fact scrub that. I only added subs under the seats.....I didn't amp the new Speakers. They are rated at 35w rms /170w peak. They are matched to the headunit. It gives plenty of volume, enough to make my ears ring. lol

is there a specific amp or name of amp I need to search that will do 4 Speakers and an amp? I figure amp under passenger seat and sub under mine?

1 minute ago, Aggo said:

is there a specific amp or name of amp I need to search that will do 4 speakers and an amp? I figure amp under passenger seat and sub under mine?

That is where i can't answer you off the top of my head. Sorry but I'm not clued up in Car Audio Scene. Maybe someone else reading this can give you a clue to where to start looking.

There are so many manufacturers that do amps. ranging from cheap to ridiculous.

But if you are considering a sub under your seat then like the kenwoods i use, they come with an amp built in. So you would only need to look for an amp that does 4 Speakers......to go under passenger seat.

ahhh ok so I could buy 1 of those kenwood amps (*edit subs) and hook it straight to the b9005?

5 minutes ago, Aggo said:

ahhh ok so I could buy 1 of those kenwood amps and hook it straight to the b9005?

Yes you could. You get both High level (speaker) and low level inputs (rca) inputs with the kenwood underseat amp. you would only need to splice from the two front Speakers, as this sub has stereo inputs.....

you could either splice from the door speaker itself, or behind the headunit too. just need to locate the speaker wires....

you make it sound so simple.......

ill buy one then have a look haha off your recommendation of course!

Yeah sorry,lol. i guess anything is easy once you know how.

Just do some googling for reviews, installation guides. also look at you tube.  If it all seems too daunting for you, then you may need to ask a local car auto electrician or stereo shop to do the installation for you.

One last thing i just thought off... another reason i changed the headunit is I'm able to cut the low frequency bass to the door Speakers and have the low frequency going to the subs only. This means the bass from door Speakers doesn't clash with bass from sub woofer.

Having bass coming from door Speakers mixing with bass from under the seat can make it sound awful. so maybe a sub woofer in the boot would sound better if you're not gonna change the headunit. just something to think about.

Throughout my whole system I have filters that limit what frequencies can go to each speaker. High and mid go to fronts. Mid and mid-low go to rears with my sub handling the lows. I have a 4 channel vibe amp under my passenger seat and boot build sub. The front Speakers are vibe 6 inch components, rears are 6 inch coaxials. This is all from a Sony xav-602bt.

i like the noise of your turbo. its coming trough the exhaust or trough the air intake?

is it a 2.2 d-cat auris?

Comes through both. No it's a 2.0 diesel, air intake has cone filter and is relocated to just in front of the wheel arch liner. Exhaust is same as standard but with centre box removed and replaced with a straight pipe.