Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 - Few Questions Before Buying

MagicQueen

I have to be honest. I'm a bit shocked as when I check cars by my type of search (petrol 1.8 hatchback up to 9 yrs (facelifted) up to 100 000 miles. distance 100miles from luton, version at least t3x, price up to 3000 pounds) it looks like that (Btw there is not many of them):

up to 100 000 miles is up to £3000

less than that is above £3000

Last week I nearly got this TR from 2008 for £2550 but milage was high (it was the best car I've seen so far, many of them looks only good on pictures, even when sellers say it's a type of the car to just jump in and drive it turns out sth is wrong with it). That's why I thought this one is a quite good offer as I see the less milage like that is a quite expensive.

I do prefer to buy from private seller (never bought a car from a trader) as I can get more information as they know the car.

he says he didnt do service as he had moved house and it was chaos, for me it's not an explanation. Car not clean, he has got the other one already but still, if you selling the car is a good idea to clean in a bit, especially if it's not in use anymore.

oh and MOT, I think it's not that relevent. Car can pass it but not necessarily it's a good car (I got example with my car, which goes through MOT every year but still takes oil).

Anyway I c the point and I'm just checking everything once again and I will email him straight away. Thanks for your opinion :)

Fair enough, I haven't searched recently. If you reckon the car is worth paying towards £3500 by the time you've fixed and serviced it then only you can weigh it up.

I'd still wait on one without the hassle and with a perfect service history at that price, but as I say, I haven't searched for one lately.

BTW are there any car auctions around you? They give a true price of what a car is worth without warranty. Pop in and see how much 8 year old petrol family size cars are making, but remember to add the buyers premium to the hammer price. You'll be surprised.

• Like 1

Never even been interested in car auctions. Donno anything about them.

Like I say, I will write to the guy, doubt if he will come back to me agreeing the price :-) so I will keep looking. Got £3000 to spend, maybe by the time I will keep looking it will rise to £3500 lol

thanks once again

I don't necessarily mean to buy a car at auction, I mean to see the true price of cars.

They park the cars up in neat rows with stickers on the windows with the relevant info. You have plenty time to walk around them. Then they start them and drive them through in front of everyone and the auctioneer announces the details. Bidders (ie you if you want) stick their hand up if they want to have the next bid on a car. They leave a deposit at the fall of the hammer, then have a couple of days to pay in full and take the car away. There's not usually much warranty tho, unless the gearbox falls out within 12 hours or something. You can walk around auctions and take notes of what each car makes etc, lots of people do.

I've not been to one for a while but to give an example - 3 year old ex-Motability Ford Focuses in good condition with low miles could be bought for about £6k a while ago, when dealers were selling them on for £7.5 or £8k.

Most auctions up here have websites with the forthcoming cars too, so you can pick an auction with cars of the age you're looking.

As i thought he rejected the offer...

Nothinng new coming up...I was so bored I start checking 2.0 petrol engine 2006 onwards - as i understand its on timing belt?

More tax (£60 per year) and using more petrol. Was thinking if I don't drive much maybe it won't be an issue for me. And on a motorway i don't think it will b much difference. but at least I will have cruise control :-)

Anyway what you guys thinking about that engine?

I found 3...maybe 4 cars - two v long distance (100miles), two closer (20 miles). every car in different direction :-( all of them 2.0 t4 5dr 2006/08-10 - 75k-99k miles. Prices... £2700 - £3200, autotrader shows £2170-£2620. All of them from traders. SHOCKED!

2.0 vvti is also chain driven a quick reference to find out is to type the reg into eurocarparts.com if its a belt driven they will list belts for sale under timing belt.

re link the; car looks very clean and is a high spec, one off from the highest (t spirit)

The one i got in link its t4....t spirit got leather which im not a fan of it. The one u put here from wbay looks v nice. But i got only £3000 :-(

The one i got in link its t4....t spirit got leather which im not a fan of it. The one u put here from wbay looks v nice. But i got only £3000 :-(

I think leather looks and feels nice, down point its too cold in winter and too hot in summer when you first get in.

• Like 1

Yeah i know. Was thinking if i want to get it or not and at the end i decided i wont go for t spirit only because of the leather. Tbh never had a car with leather but got bad experience with leather sofas and also done a small research and read about leather seats in cars.

I wonder how comes this car didnt come up in my eBay search :-/

Oh yeah i know why...i limited the price lol

• Like 1

Yeah i know. Was thinking if i want to get it or not and at the end i decided i wont go for t spirit only because of the leather. Tbh never had a car with leather but got bad experience with leather sofas and also done a small research and read about leather seats in cars.

I wonder how comes this car didnt come up in my ebay search :-/

with it having no pictures you may have missed, you have to look carefully when scrolling

• Like 1

The other im looking at is

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201505223693476

Probably tom ll give up on this as services r missing.

Two others im not sure as they r automatic. As i can c they burn more fuel. And anyway they or a bit too expensive or too far from me

DONE :) i bought a car. thanks for all help and support.

The silver one from ad on a gumtree is the one I got now.

2.0 with cruise control, I'm happy I got the one with CC as it is soooooooooooooooo convinient! Recomend to everyone. Drove 100miles (75mph + 51mph on the roadworks) and i got 48mpg - shocked! :Jumpy:

DONE :) i bought a car. thanks for all help and support.

The silver one from ad on a gumtree is the one I got now.

2.0 with cruise control, I'm happy I got the one with CC as it is soooooooooooooooo convinient! Recomend to everyone. Drove 100miles (75mph + 51mph on the roadworks) and i got 48mpg - shocked! :Jumpy:

aslong as your happy thats the main thing, I have CC and I dont even use it :driving:

DONE :)Drove 100miles (75mph + 51mph on the roadworks) and i got 48mpg

Be aware the dash mpg readings are often wrong.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links