Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Re~circulation Button!

ArthurPewty

Hiya people, how you all doin?

Just a quick question about something that is driving me nuts!

I bought my Auris 1.6 TR 6 weeks ago, its a 2010 60 plate, and it seems that the setting for the ventilation system is to start up as the engine is started, no problem there, but...every time I start up, the re~circ button comes on. Normally this wouldn't be a big problem, but using the car for driving tuition, it does need to be started more than normal!

Obviously when the weather is wet and cold outside this is going to cause the windows to mist up and if a pupil is on test this could cause real problems.

So, my question is...

Is there any way that this setting can be changed to come on only when the button is pressed manually? Toyota seem to think that this cannot be changed...but i know the people here have fixes for this stuff...;)

Any help would really save my sanity and help to get my pupils through test

Cheers :)

If the car deems it too hot in the cabin it'll switch on recirc mode. Try turning the heater up a bit.

Edit... Assuming you have air con on it'll probably steam up LESS cos you're recycling dry air rather than having damp air from outside.

Is that right, or do you mean if the car deems it too cold it will switch on automatically?

HA!...Alan, you are a legend!...just been out to the car and set it a little higher and when i got to 20.5 it doesn't come on automatically :D

Nice one...Thanks a lot :clap:

You're welcome. You'll find the temp where it decides to engage recirc mode changes from one day to the next. I've not bothered figuring out under which circumstances it does it, I just leave it to do it's own thing and, generally speaking, it does it well.

This option can be de-activated at the dealer by entering the software and changing the setting with special computer tool. After that it will not come on automatically no matter which temp it is set on.

This option can be de-activated at the dealer by entering the software and changing the setting with special computer tool. After that it will not come on automatically no matter which temp it is set on.

Yes, I bought a copy of Techstream from eBay and was able to turn this feature off completely on my 2009 Auris.
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links