Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Rear Brakes

Raeman

Hi all,

I've owned my Auris now for a week and still love the car however I've noticed that the rear wheels get really dirty from brake dust.

After only a few days there seems to be more brake dust on the rear wheels than the fronts.

I've checked the pads and discs, both fine and also the brakes are not binding.

Is this a normal thing with the car or something to worry about?

Thanks.

Normal. Both of the Auris I've had, produced more brake dust on the rear wheels than the front. Presume the braking is rear biased.

some pads produce more brake dust than others depending on the make of pads, if Mike has had two do the same I wouldn't worry.

• Like 1

Our 2011 Auris is the same. I browsed around the net and found some articles which said the rear pads are made of quicker wearing material. Not sure I'm buying that, but our brakes work fine and have passed an MOT no problem.

Thanks for the replys, puts my mind at ease!

Cheers.

some pads produce more brake dust than others depending on the make of pads...

This is true, mine produces more dust on the front wheels.

I changed my pads to black diamond ones because of the dust seems to have dulled the issue right down

I changed my pads to black diamond ones because of the dust seems to have dulled the issue right down

Cheers Ben, thanks for the tip it's something to consider when mine wear out.

Did you notice any difference in braking quality using black diamond?

I use black diamond predators on all corners they are fast road pads and excellent cold bite they are very very very good and loads less dust I also changed discs to mtec discs on the front

This is interesting as we are collecting our first ever Auris this afternoon and when looking over the car, I noticed more wear on the rear discs than the front. It certainly sounds as if the braking is weighted more to the rear wheels than the front - which is the opposite of pretty much anything else I have owned! Will keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Mine used to dust like mad but I have diesel so is very nose heavy but just changing brands of pads it showed that it was the pads dusting heavily it's not just Toyota that has this problem the Vauxhall zafira is the same when it's been going to vx for servicing I think factory pads are good but with a consequence I prefer having fast road pads as the stop a lot better than standard and I don't get brake fade now like I used to on the factory pads

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links